REST API - Release To Pick

I’m at the final steps of automating our fulfilment workbench for sales orders using the REST API in Epicor 10.2.400.

Over the last few months we’ve slowly been automating the stages of the workbench from reserving to allocating and I’m now releasing to pick.

I’ve performed the tracing in the Epicor client and grabbed the methods I need to call. Once I’ve got the list of orders I need from a BAQ and put them into an OrderAllocList dataset, I fire off the below.

OrderAllocationGetRows
CheckDates
AutoPick
OrderRelUpdate
SubmitForPicking

The only step I’m struggling with is the ‘OrderRelUpdate’ call. I send a full dataset in with OrderAlloc, OrderAllocSupply, PartAlloc and PartAllocTran all populated but what it returns is the same dataset with OrderAlloc emptied.

If I ignore this dataset and reuse the dataset returned from AutoPick for SubmitForPicking it releases the lines no problem. I’m just a little concerned that OrderRelUpdate isn’t doing what it’s supposed to be doing.

I’ve performed diffs between what I’m sending and what gets sent if I perform the same actions in the workbench manually and there isn’t a difference.

Has anybody come across this before or know how I can check OrderRelUpdate is doing what it’s supposed to do?

Hello, I had a similar problem while also working on automating fulfillment workbench. I noticed that the OrderAllocSvc.Recalculate() does a similar thing where it returns the same dataset but with OrderAlloc emptied. I have no idea why this is. I ended up doing something similar to what you described. I keep a copy of the original data set and then update/merge with the results of the Recalc() function. In my case it also appears to be working as desired, but I have similar concerns as to whether I’m using the method correctly.

Btw, I’m doing all this inside and Epicor Function.

I had similar issues with Recalculate so ended up calling SetCalcPref at the start of the process and setting it to true so it auto calculated whenever I searched which is how we have it setup in screen as well.

1 Like

Interesting, I appreciate your response! I’ll try that too