Run custom JS script tag on launch

Maybe I’m bad at searching this forum for obscure things, but… 2 questions.

1: Can you add a custom < Script > tag to run during Kinetic launch either solely in web or both web and kinetic thickclient

2: Is there anything against the terms / service agreement to do something like that?

1 Like

I was hoping to add our helpdesk live chat widget on top of the kinetic launcher haha

Just finished reading all of the posts there, hopefully there can be some place in the future for marked safe executions, but I get wanting to be parallel with SaaS so that is likely never going to become something on-prem will get.

Meanwhile starts creating a webpage to run both the custom < script > and the entire Epicor client out of…

You can embed web pages via frames. There was talk about web components getting some attention too, so all is not lost.

Yeah, right now we have a bunch of general users on our shopfloor that don’t have emails assigned to them. While we created a screen to send in tickets using a general email alias, there wasn’t really a way to check on your ticket through the service we are using.

I found our service had a live chat widget, so while it wouldn’t be ideal, at least there is a way to have the technicians respond to the users without having to track them down every single time a simple yes/no/maybe question comes in. We don’t have all of our business units using Epicor, so we can’t run through Epicor’s built in functionality for helpdesk / maintenance requests / etc.

The other option I am looking at is using the web widget in a Kinetic App, and finding some authentication bearer I can pass in for the general account to display their tickets, or pull them via API.

Anyway, this was more of a vanity project and the widget is pretty slick. Classic webpage annoying button in the bottom right with an AI responder, except it’s an actual use case with a real person behind it. Would be awesome to have it laying on top of the main kinetic home page, etc.

I’ve added it as an Idea just for the fun of it.

https://epicor-manufacturing.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KIN-I-4180