SendGrid Email Changes

yes but that authorises anyone to send through any of Sendgrids servers… not in theory just the hostname or whatever ours should be sending from… Sendgrids documentation also at no point mentions adding to the SPF record, so until they suggest otherwise I’m not doing it!

FYI anyone who’s looking at changing their cloud server from the Epicor Sendgrid to your own sendgrid, the proceedure is fairly simple, after you’ve created an account and authorised your domains, you just create a new API key, the API key that it generates and only shows you once is what you paste in the password field, you don’t change any other fields (IE the user field stays as “apikey”)

A nice feature of SendGrid is dynamic templates. They have a basic email designer that creates an HTML AND text version of the email. That removes a lot of logic from the Epicor side and you only have to pass the data to the service and not worry about the email itself. SendGrid also tracks bounces and opens (if users open the HTML version).

Noticed I didn’t say specifically what the SPF record would be. Just that you need to add an include for SendGrid. They will give you the value to add. Such as:

v=spf1 include:u123456.wl.sendgrid.net -all

yes, and when their documentation for what needed to be added did not specify the entry to be added I logged a technical support case they sent me the same stuff you did non of which advises what entry we should be using, assuming you went through this process, where/when did they supply you with the SPF entry?

well, in the end we upgraded to the $90 p/m account that comes with a dedicated IP and added that to the SPF… saved fighting against the other cheap/free accounts getting Sendgrid’s “cheap” ip pool listed on spamhaus all the time.