Sending Emails with Application Studio

Hi All,

I’m trying to create an email alert that gets sent out when a SO has been created and no Job has been turned from a MRP Suggestion to a real Job after 2 days from the SO creation and keeps sending everyday until the Job has been created.

This is my first time using Application Studio (or trying anything with Methods).

First how do I figure out which Method Code I need to use? I tried following a CodaBears video which I did and the Email worked, but in the video they said you need to do tracing to find the method, but I’m not sure how to do that.

Search pretty much every kinetic post from @hmwillett

I swear Hannah has some posts on how to trace. I feel like some of the first ones were on that.

Well I tried to search for you @StephenW, I don’t see anything from Hannah about tracing kinetic.

There were some insights courses on it with material, but we can’t upload them. I suppose they may have something on epicweb or the epicor learning center, did you already check those places?

There’s an article on EpicCare about it:

Knowledge Page - EpicCare (epicor.com)

It’s all in the F12 / Network area in the browser.

If you are still using the client, the option is still there for tracing:

2 Likes

Thanks Doug, I knew someone would jump in with something better!

:sweat_smile:

You can enable this on the user also, but if your wanting to do debugging of Kinetic (in particular on the browser) there is a pretty good primer in the Application Studio help.

1 Like

Another great example of where to go @StephenW

Dare I say that I have found this useful tool a help when reviewing traces.