Service Connect - Sub workflow activity in Doc Tracking missing

Bryan, have you tried taking a look at the “related event” tab within the trace details right around that sub-workflow to see if there are any good error messages there?

Adam, it appears to be a clean execution.

All greens for all eight stages.

You need change Root element too, to value “Row”

Saludos \ Regards,

Jaicker Avila
*EPICOR *Software Consultant
Tlf.: +584142226119

Saludos \ Regards,

Jaicker Avila
*EPICOR *Software Consultant
Tlf.: +584142226119

I can’t change the root element, as “table” is the only option in the pulldown and typing in “row” is not an option apparently.

Change Imput Subworkflow Schema using SalesOrders_Subwf_row.xsd and later change Root Element to value “Row” and redefine Xpath

I HAVE THE SOLUTION! :grinning:

Just finished a WebEx session with Jatin Purshotam from Epicor Support, and he knew exactly where to check for and fix the problem, which I will document here for others who may encounter the same issue.

The workflows turned out to be correct. The issue was with the Input Channel namespace. At some point, I changed input channels after already generating the schemas off the Excel workbook, so the namespace of the input channel and schema no longer matched. Also learned how to find these “hidden” errors:

In the Activity Progress, double-click on the execution point in question. Also note the input channel name at the top of the tree.

Select the Processing Info tab and click the Validate button. The information appears in the textbox below. The Trace document namespace refers to the input channel, while the schema namespace is specified on the right. If they don’t match, the sub-workflow won’t execute (even though the parent workflow does). Highlight the schema namespace and copy it.

Open the Input Channel, click on the Configure button, select the Communicator properties tab, click on the ConversionCfg Value cell in the grid.

Click the Default button and the Text tab. Paste the namespace from the schema in the DefaultNamespace tags and remove the comment references.

Click the Validate button to insure the configuration is correct, Click OK.

Click OK to close the Configuration window and click OK again to save the changes to the Channel Configuration, and OK to save the Channel Properties.

The sub-workflow will now execute as intended.

The alternate solutions are: to change the namespace in the schema to match the input channel, which generally is how Epicor intended things to be; or to custom assign namespace designations to both the input channel and the related schemas. But either way, the issue was that the namespace was not consistent between the input channel and the schemas.

Now I can move forward with various workflows, and know that I did have them designed correctly. Thanks to everyone for all the samples workflows, suggestions, and advice, it is greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

Cool - you know, I think we ran into that very thing, although we didn’t have such a helpful way of determining the issue so thanks for that. Service Connect has a lot of steps to remember it seems.

1 Like

Excelent! Thanks for sharing the solution

One other thing to mention, which I ran into on my next workflow. If the Namespace changes, don’t forget to re-map the XPath in the sub-workflow properties. The error does show up in the Activity Trace, but it isn’t as obvious. The message is that the row is absent, not that the schemas don’t match or can’t be found.

1 Like

Brian.

You rock. 5 years later but thanks to you documenting this, I can stop my banging my head against the wall.

Thx
Nathan