Setting RDD table criteria

I’m not mixing DB and BAQs. Let me restate the issue

for example
i have a report request for open Invoices by Territory by Customer
and I wish to allow a filter for Territories (one or many to report)

I have a BAQ which generates ALL the data i wish to use in my report.
My BAQ has NO filters on it, except for ones to limit data which does not match open, posted, current invoices.
There is NO territory parameter or prompt setup in the BAQ

If i choose to setup a BAQReport and add a TERRITORY REPORT FILTER to the BAQR setup - the system generates into the reporting data set INVOICES from ONLY those territories which were selected (or all for none selected).

However, If i choose to setup a BAQ/RDD - for whatever reason - and I add a TERRITORY CRITERIA FILTER to the RDD setup - the system then generates into the reporting data set invoices from ALL territories.

IN Both cases, the BAQR or BAQ/RDD filter is created “attached” to a field in the BAQ - and the user is provided with a nice clean territory selection process- good, which is also controlled by application territory security - very nice.
but in one case the filter applies - in the other it doesnt

So what is the purpose of the CRITERIA FILTER in the BAQ/RDD ??

So now i’m stuck coding in my SSRS, methods to pull out the Territory fields from the User Criteria and apply them to the dataset extraction. Wasted time creating. Wasted time running.

i haven’t found another solution

My question was really about what report functionality would one need, that requires making a BAQ/RDD?

Sounds like the BAQ Report works right for you. Why can’t you go that way?

And I’d completely understand if you’re now trying to figure out why the BAQ/RDD criteria doesnt work. I have a hard time ignoring things that don’t appear to be working right.

thank you for the suggestion. I double checked just to be sure but I can’t use a standard BAQR.
Besides just spending a large effort confirming results using the BAQ/RDD version - which would need to be redone with a new BAQR.
A BAQ/RDD provides the very userful ability to reference prompts within BAQ expressions…- which a BAQR does not.

And it gives you multiple result sets which gives you much more flexibility if you know SQL.

well, it appears this isn’t a solution at all.
after some coding help from JG, it’s now determined a filter selection in the SSRS is NOT available. Expression fields cannot be used in the dataset SQL generation. back to the drawing board.

is there anyone who has actually gotten this BAQ/RDD Filter to work?

Did you ever hear from anyone. I see it is storing my filter in an XML field, but I can’t figure out how to actually get it to filter.

Nope. Epicor support never claimed anything except - the filter is there, but wouldn’t go so far as to admit, IF the FILTER didn’t actually FILTER it is useless. And believe me, it tooks weeks for them to admit that. I expect they are more concerned about being held accountable for admitting there’s a hole in the logic. Our developer added custom code to make it work. But it’s not 100%. we have cache issues. :frowning:

1 Like

Have you found any solution for this?:frowning: