SSRS Report Setup

Hi Aaron,
Thanks for answering. I actually got a response back from Epicor a little while ago - they recommended using the URL method, and we tried that and it worked just fine. So I guess I'm set!

I'm trying to go through the SSRS Tutorial for Epicor 10 and cannot seem to successfully add a custom report to the menu.

I created a report in Report Builder and it successfully runs.

I then followed the steps to add it to Epicor in menu maintenance. I have selected "SSRS Custom Report link" as the program type. I believe the report link is correct ( " E10Test\reports\PartsTest\PartsReport ") and double-checked my spelling to make sure it wasn't something silly like that.

When I go to run the report, first of all, it does say "SSRS Custom Report Maintenance" at the top of the window, but I don't have the option to select an output format as indicated in the SSRS tutorial. The pop-up window resembles what I am using to seeing for a custom Crystal Report link.

If I try to print preview, I get an error message "Invalid Epicor Crystal Runtime installation."

All the stock SSRS reports run just fine. In company maintenance it is set up to run both SSRS and Crystal reports. What am I missing?

Error Details:

Exception caught in: Ice.Lib.EpiReportLib

Error Detail 

============

Message: Invalid Epicor Crystal Runtime installation.  Contact your system administrator.

Inner Exception Message: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.

Program: Ice.Lib.EpiReportLib.dll

Method: .ctor

Client Stack Trace 

==================

at Ice.Lib.Report.EpiSSRSBrowser..ctor(String reportTitle, String url)

at Ice.UI.App.CustomReportEntry.Transaction.previewReport()

Inner Exception 

===============

Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.

Inner Stack Trace 

=================

at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)

at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)

Not at all sure if it is the same but when I first did Crystal reports the path I had been using had the slashes going the wrong direction.  I was using UNC file format  (\) and it wanted a URL format (/).  Maybe?

-Todd C.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2015 11:06 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] SSRS Report Setup

I'm trying to go through the SSRS Tutorial for Epicor 10 and cannot seem to successfully add a custom report to the menu.

I created a report in Report Builder and it successfully runs.

I then followed the steps to add it to Epicor in menu maintenance. I have selected "SSRS Custom Report link" as the program type. I believe the report link is correct ( " E10Test\reports\PartsTest\PartsReport ") and double-checked my spelling to make sure it wasn't something silly like that.

When I go to run the report, first of all, it does say "SSRS Custom Report Maintenance" at the top of the window, but I don't have the option to select an output format as indicated in the SSRS tutorial. The pop-up window resembles what I am using to seeing for a custom Crystal Report link.

If I try to print preview, I get an error message "Invalid Epicor Crystal Runtime installation."

All the stock SSRS reports run just fine. In company maintenance it is set up to run both SSRS and Crystal reports. What am I missing?

Error Details:

Exception caught in: Ice.Lib.EpiReportLib

Error Detail 

============

Message: Invalid Epicor Crystal Runtime installation.  Contact your system administrator.

Inner Exception Message: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.

Program: Ice.Lib.EpiReportLib.dll

Method: .ctor

Client Stack Trace 

==================

at Ice.UI.App.CustomReportEntry.Transaction.previewReport()

Inner Exception 

===============

Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.

Inner Stack Trace 

=================

at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)

at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)

Larry,

We are hosted, so our URL will not look like yours if you are not hosted. But here is a URL to one of our reports written totally in Report Builder:

Note the forward slashes. Maybe you can start at "ERP10" on your system.

I quit doing this pretty quickly. BAQ Reports are easier for me, and the reports behave like Epicor stock reports.

Hope this helps.

Joe

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 11:06 AM, larry.jedik@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><p><span>I&#39;m trying to go through the SSRS Tutorial for Epicor 10 and cannot seem to successfully add a custom report to the menu.</span></p><p><span><br></span></p><p><span>I created a report in Report Builder and it successfully runs.</span></p><p><span>I then followed the steps to add it to Epicor in menu maintenance. I have selected &quot;SSRS Custom Report link&quot; as the program type. I believe the report link is correct ( &quot; E10Test&#92;reports&#92;PartsTest&#92;PartsReport &quot;) and double-checked my spelling to make sure it wasn&#39;t something silly like that.</span></p><p><span><br></span></p><p><span>When I go to run the report, first of all, it does say &quot;SSRS Custom Report Maintenance&quot; at the top of the window, but I don&#39;t have the option to select an output format as indicated in the SSRS tutorial. The pop-up window resembles what I am using to seeing for a custom Crystal Report link.</span></p><p><span>If I try to print preview, I get an error message &quot;Invalid Epicor Crystal Runtime installation.&quot;</span></p><p><span><br></span></p><p>All the stock SSRS reports run just fine. In company maintenance it is set up to run both SSRS and Crystal reports. What am I missing?</p><p><span><br></span></p><p>Error Details:</p><p><br></p><p>Exception caught in: Ice.Lib.EpiReportLib</p><p><br></p><p>Error Detail </p><p>============</p><p>Message: Invalid Epicor Crystal Runtime installation.  Contact your system administrator.</p><p>Inner Exception Message: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.</p><p>Program: Ice.Lib.EpiReportLib.dll</p><p>Method: .ctor</p><p><br></p><p>Client Stack Trace </p><p>==================</p><p>   at Ice.Lib.Report.EpiSSRSBrowser..ctor(String reportTitle, String url)</p><p>   at Ice.UI.App.CustomReportEntry.Transaction.previewReport()</p><p><br></p><p>Inner Exception </p><p>===============</p><p>Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.</p><p><br></p><p>Inner Stack Trace </p><p>=================</p><p>   at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)</p><p>   at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)</p><p><span></span></p><p>   at Ice.Lib.Report.EpiSSRSBrowser..ctor(String reportTitle, String url)</p><p><span><br></span></p><p></p>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

Todd, Joe,

Thanks for you suggestions. We've tried several different ways to spell out the report path, but Epicor doesn't like any of them. When I tried forward slashes, after I left menu maintenance and then tried to run the report, Epicor changed the path in the SSRS Custom Report Maintenance screen to say "true" instead of the path. Typically when we have issues with pointing reports to the wrong place, the report "runs" but then spits out an error we can view in the system monitor. It seems like Epicor thinks this is a Crystal Report, when in fact it's a SSRS Report. We put a ticket in with Epicor... hopefully we can figure this out!

Can you send a screenshot of how you have it set up now? I have successfully created both SSRS and E10 reports in my environment with no issues. Perhaps you can send me a screenshot and I can compare and help you. Feel free to email or reply to this post if thats easier.

Thanks,

Aaron

Can you send a screenshot of how you have it set up now? I have successfully created both SSRS and E10 reports in my environment with no issues. Perhaps you can send me a screenshot and I can compare and help you. Feel free to email or reply to this post if thats easier.

Thanks,

Aaron