SSRS v Crystal Reports

Hi @jkane, If you can give me some pointer to the footer totals issue that would be a big help. I want the total in AR Invoice and SO Acknowledgement to appear at the bottom of the page.

We put all our totals at the bottom in the footer in SSRS. An Epicor consultant showed me how to use ReportItems!'Name of textbox’.Value in the expression of the footer Text Box. This refers to a textbox up in the form in appropriate Grouping section. We make these reference textboxes small and white font. Then display the totals at the bottom.
Example of expression in our SO Acknowledgment footer:
=FormatNumber(ReportItems!TxtTotExtPrice.Value,2)

1 Like

@ScottLepley, when you add a row outside all of the groups it defaults as a text box. Right click and insert a Rectangle and you will now be able to set a page break in the Properties pane.

@Vinaykamboj, sure, since I don’t know your exact problem, I am going to just throw out some statements in the hopes that one of them sticks.

First, you can do what @ma.hoffman.Tacony said.

The second thing is more of a gotcha than it is a solution. I have found many reports that are built incorrectly and have duplicated detail records. When you sum up the value field it ends up being double. The rows get duplicated because of a bad join somewhere and then are not exposed because instead of showing the detail, the detail gets grouped for display.

Another way is to add a second tablix to the report and put the totals in that tablix. Then set the vertical alignment of the tablix to bottom.

Let me know if none of these work. If you have more specific questions, start a new thread and I will answer there. Just tag me in it so I get notified.

I was in a session at Insights last week where the gentleman from Epicor (Rafael Nuñez) said that Epicor has no timeline currently for removing Crystal Reports functionality from Epicor - it is not supported and never will be again, but they have no plans to remove the functionality altogether at this point (which upset some people, since he also said Classic UI is slated to be removed by 2024.