Sync Dataset error on new Report

I am trying to generate a new RDD for ARForm. I am able to add in tables, relationships, and make sure the data I need is not excluded.

When I go into the Report Style to generate a new style, I click on the “Sync Dataset” button after everything is set up, and I get the following error:

I am able to customize other Report Styles, RDDs, and I get them to work just fine. This one will not work, and the tables/fields that I add do not show up in the report builder.

Has anybody run into this error before? I’m on 10.2.400.11

Should I not use the Sync Dataset button and just add the fields manually? I want to come up with a method that I can use consistently, and then train others in the same method.

TIA,
Doug

“Sync Dataset” is almost never a good idea. And I mean like 99.9% of the time.

All you need to do is

1. Dup the report style
  2. Change the new styles RDD to the one you created
  3. Edit the report RDL, adding the fields and updating the query

You can test this out after step 2. It should produce the same results as the original style. If it doesn’t, then your report didn’t dup right, or your custom RDD is bad.

PS - you might have seen that error if the RDL was open in the editor when you tried to sync. Be glad it didn’t.

PPS - search the help for “modifying an Epicor supplied report” (or something like that) it describes the manual method fairly well.

1 Like

Thanks!

I wonder why they have the button there, most of the feedback I’ve seen is “don’t push the button”.

I was able to get the RDL updated, and everything is working perfectly.

It was designed in assumption that report queries look like “select * from table” probably with couple of joins… . But only simple reports look like that. And arform is one of the most complicated ones.

Hi Doug,

This is an error in 10.2.400. I’ve had the same error.

It’s been fixed in 10.2.500.

You will need to add the new fields and joins directly in the report. I had to do it a few times now.

Chris

Good to know it’s a bug, and I wasn’t doing anything wrong. I looked on the server and the “missing” report was indeed there.

I have played around with some other reports, but this is probably one of the most important reports to get working :slight_smile:

Same here! We had the problem just as we we’re going live!

Chris

Never Push Sync Dataset. Forget it exists.

2 Likes