System Monitor Task Status ACTIVE

I’ve never seen a task have the Status “ACTIVE”. Anyone know what this is?

(FWIW - 10.1.400.23)

This is from memory when I was looking at traces for REST printing. The system monitor polls the queue for things ready to print/preview etc. (See Downloading SO Acknowledgement pdf programatically - #13 by Aaron_Moreng). I don’t recall Active particularly but I assume it’s set to active so no other System Monitor will pick it up. For Print Preview I think it’s marked with In Process but maybe another process like EDI is setting it to Active or maybe it’s Active as it’s being written to the report database.

I have several users that are having problems printing. The System Monitor is still showing their last task as ACTIVE in the History tab. Nothing shows for them on the Active Tasks tab.

BTW - I didn’t think anything hit the history tab until it was complete.

Also - The “Ended On” value is prior to the “Started On”, on these “ACTIVE” tasks

Okay … those ACTIVE tasks now show as ERROR, with the Error detail of

Program Ice.Services.Lib.RunTask raised an unexpected exception with the following message: RunTask: An error occurred within the report server database.  This may be due to a connection failure, timeout or low disk condition within the database. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerStorageException: An error occurred within the report server database.  This may be due to a connection failure, timeout or low disk condition within the database. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.