Trouble Running Report Via Rest - Any Pointers?

I see it in the history of tasks but it never previews…

That helped get it to the task agent but not getting a preview now.

This is different than when I print it from within Epicor.

Run direct v.s Submit to agent maybe.

I assume it’s got nowhere to send the report since your rest application does not have a system monitor to intercept the reports. If you have email set up, try sending via email using AutoAction=“SSRSPRINT”, AttachmentType=“PDF”, and EmailTo=“your email address”

1 Like

Interesting point @tanner … I thought since I was supplying the workstation ID then it would print there…

It did send to my email. I guess I will need to figure out how to print preview something.

Do you know how to send it to a printer? That’s my next task.

I’ll close this thread because I really needed to add the app server url to the system agent like @Mark_Wonsil said. I will start a new thread on how to print preview/send to printer.

As long as you set up a server side printer I believe you would just define the path to the printer instead of the email address info. Tracing it through the client should show you the parameter values. Hope that helps!

I’m tracing it, but it is a client printer. Unfortunately I don’t know how to pass the Page settings and what not because they are using special characters which is causing the post to fail.

Thanks for your help @tanner and @Mark_Wonsil

From what I understand, a client printer would not work without the thick client but you may want to check around for a more expert opinion :sweat_smile:

1 Like

booooooo, for real?

I thought the PDF is stored as a varbinary field in ICE.SysRptLst.RptData?

We’re SaaS, so Client Printing here. I get the report to pop up…

HOWEVER, my client was running so the System Monitor did pick it up and print it. I logged out. Ran the task, and nothing happened - until I logged in.

So, we know how to create the report. I think the next step would be to retrieve it. And we just talked about this a few weeks ago. Basically, we would mimic the System Monitor.

Downloading SO Acknowledgement pdf programatically - #14 by Mark_Wonsil I’m not sure how far @Aaron_Moreng got on this but it’s looking like the best way to do it right now.

Mark W.

1 Like

We are on prem and I am logged into the application on my client workstation, but nothing pops up @Mark_Wonsil . I see it in the historical tasks when I look at the system monitor. When I email it instead of print preview or print, it comes to my email just fine.

@Mark_Wonsil Thanks for the information!

1 Like

Is “1111111” your real WorkstationID? My trace shows that the WorkstationID is my computer’s ID + " 1" on the end. If your local System Monitor is searching for print jobs for a particular ID, that might explain why it’s not picking it up.

No, it is something else. I replace it with it when I run it. I did see the + 1, but I don’t think I added it. Let me try it out.

Yeah, use what ever was in your trace file.

Well it finally printed. It may have been the way I was specifying my printer name. Thanks again everyone!

2 Likes