Trouble Running Report Via Rest - Any Pointers?

Thanks for your help @tanner and @Mark_Wonsil

From what I understand, a client printer would not work without the thick client but you may want to check around for a more expert opinion :sweat_smile:

1 Like

booooooo, for real?

I thought the PDF is stored as a varbinary field in ICE.SysRptLst.RptData?

We’re SaaS, so Client Printing here. I get the report to pop up…

HOWEVER, my client was running so the System Monitor did pick it up and print it. I logged out. Ran the task, and nothing happened - until I logged in.

So, we know how to create the report. I think the next step would be to retrieve it. And we just talked about this a few weeks ago. Basically, we would mimic the System Monitor.

Downloading SO Acknowledgement pdf programatically - #14 by Mark_Wonsil I’m not sure how far @Aaron_Moreng got on this but it’s looking like the best way to do it right now.

Mark W.

1 Like

We are on prem and I am logged into the application on my client workstation, but nothing pops up @Mark_Wonsil . I see it in the historical tasks when I look at the system monitor. When I email it instead of print preview or print, it comes to my email just fine.

@Mark_Wonsil Thanks for the information!

1 Like

Is “1111111” your real WorkstationID? My trace shows that the WorkstationID is my computer’s ID + " 1" on the end. If your local System Monitor is searching for print jobs for a particular ID, that might explain why it’s not picking it up.

No, it is something else. I replace it with it when I run it. I did see the + 1, but I don’t think I added it. Let me try it out.

Yeah, use what ever was in your trace file.

Well it finally printed. It may have been the way I was specifying my printer name. Thanks again everyone!

2 Likes