Unbalanced WIP Recon report

Did anything hit the review journal or is it not even making it that far? We have the capture COS/WIP hit the review journal a couple times a year due to… helpful users.

yes. those unbalanced trans showed up in the RJ.

I feel Like I should know this … But what is the “PE Log viewer” ??

Oh, it’s awesome. It’s like a debugger for the GL controls.

That’s the name of it - it’s a screen.

If inventory is accurate and you just need it to balance and post you should be able to add the offsetting accounts in the review journal. Then you can re validate and confirm the entry to at least get this one posted.

1 Like

Calvin,
Here was my adventure with figuring out a similar problem with the PE Log Viewer:

Ahhhh… so “PE” is for “Posting Engine”…

So after enabling logging and re-running the Wip Recon Report (which uses the posting rules to process - this duplicating the error condition), I see:

We are multi site and use GL Controls to substitute the Div segment, based on the site. But everything has worked fine up until now.

Calvin, those warnings are common and not bad, per se. Maybe you don’t WANT to define a division GL. We have them on one site but not the other (the main site).

There has to be another error somewhere.

1 Like

OK wait, I read the second error more closely. It looks like there’s a sales category GL that exists but is blank.

1 Like

I jumped on them being the issue, as I’ve had problems in the past where a substituting GLC (Like Site -> Division) was specifying an Account number that didn’t exist (we added a site but missed creating a GL account with that Division specified).

But this doesn’t appear to be my case. Every Account specified in the “Inventory COS and WIP” has a GL Acct setup for every site.

Also, you’re in a Cost of Sales section and the issue was PUR-UKN. I know you said it was a BTO thing, and I don’t really have experience with that, but I thought it handled the purchase and shipping transactions independently.

I think the PUR-UKN processed okay. I think its trying to calculate the COS for that item when it was shipped/invoiced.

'Cause the thing is, in that screenshot, it grabbed an account (my green arrow), and that’s enough to post with.

It then tries to substitute a warehouse GL for the division, and didn’t find one, but then it goes to the plant GL and there is one. Then it tries to get a department from the Sales Category, but there is none, so that fails. But that’s still OK. When all else fails, it can always use that first account.

So you’re saying those 4 lines aren’t really a problem, but rather the one pointed to below:

Yahtzee!

FYI, I think in your case it will still flex the division with the plant GL, even without flexing the department. We don’t use departments GL’s here much. It still flexes the division as I want, though.

Well… I’ve know it doesn’t balance from the start… I pointed out the trans in the original post that have no offsetting GL Tran

We setup a GL Acct for keep BTO separate from real (counted) Inventory. Normally a BTO Receipt Debits this special Acct (1166-00-01) and Credits Accrued Rcvng’s (3324-00-01)

I see Debits to 3324-00-01, but nothing for 1166-00-01

What’s the clearing account show in the PE log viewer?

That “BTO” reference in the guide is misleading, I say… It’s any “Other” PO line.

Here’s one I just did.

You know, I see that despite what the guide says, it’s grabbing the account from the vendor. Because that’s a different GL than the company one for me.