Unfirm jobs pulling in manufactured material parts as subassemblies

Hello.

K2022.2.14

I’ve been working with support on this issue with no luck and I was wondering if someone here could shed some light.

We have a handful of unfirm jobs, generated by MRP, that have material part numbers that are being pulled in as subassemblies even though they are not specified as Pull As Assembly on the Method of Manufacture (MOM).

My long standing understanding, going back to Vantage 8, is the Pull As Assembly does just that, pulls the part number in as a subassembly when a job is created, and Plan As Assembly will cause MRP to create jobs to produce these material part numbers as needed.

Support is telling me that in order to guarantee that MRP will always create an unfirm job for material part numbers is to leave BOTH plan as assembly AND pull as assembly unchecked.

This does not seem to be true because I have jobs where material part numbers are being pulled into unfirm jobs as subassemblies both when the material part number on the MOM is only flagged as Plan As Assembly AND where the material part number on the MOM has both plan and pull as assembly not checked.

It was also suggested that the Manufacturing Lead Time, found on the Part Entry → Sites → Planning tab, would impact MRP and could result in what we are seeing but none of our parts have any values in these fields (the number displayed is zero).

What would be causing MRP to create unfirm jobs where material part numbers on the MOM are getting pulled in as subassemblies despite not being flagged as such?

I found this pretty helpful in the past.
https://www.epiusers.help/t/plan-as-assembly-vs-pull-as-assembly/65513/5