Updatable Dashboard panels become small after deploying

Hello,
This is an odd occurrence that happens after I deploy an updatable dashboard. I create a dashboard with a few fields that are updatable then go to deploy the dashboard and all of the panels/windows become small squares (400x400) with no way to change them.
The only thing I have been able to do to fix this is recreate the dashboard record completely.
This is the third time this has happened with different dashboards, so I must be doing something wrong.

Here is what I have tried already:
Reset layout to base, default
Deleting personalizations and customizations
Clearing client cache, many times
Exporting the dashboard definition and importing it as a different name
Opening it on a different computer and user

Is there anything else I can try before I rebuild it? Thanks in advance

What happens if you pin / unpin the panes? Or drag them around to other snap points? Does that “400x400” still happen?

I tried that too. The pane on the left becomes massively wide and I can’t pin the unpinned pane back. It seems like a corruption issue but I don’t know why it keeps happening.

It has something to do with anchor. I had the same issue too. I do not know what I have done, but I constantly save the dashboard and make sure I do save the faulty anchor dashboard.

1 Like

Just as a matter of interest, but do you develop your dashboards in a different screen resolution?

For me, it was all developed in one screen resolution. I believe it happens after certain thing that has been done through customisation. The docking or anchoring attributes may have disappear or corrupted in the process, making the grid no longer attach to the edge of the screen and just stays at the original size.

Did you do any customization at all after you deployed it? Usually when I see that, it’s because I moved the edges of the grid around or just moved the grid at all. The only way to reliably fix it has been to code it in customization. Even then it’s usually just “as good as I can get it” syndrome.

I’ve never seen it where I haven’t done any customization, that would be something new to me.