User is not able to see data in dashboard

One user is not able to see data in a dashboard. They are able to open the dashboard and enter a valid parameter, but nothing shows up and no data appears. They state that this is with a few dashboards in Epicor but not all. They have had issues with creating dashboards in the past.

I had the user clear the client cache and restart Epicor. They are marked as a dashboard developer in User Accounts. In Work Force, they are marked as View All Territories. Are there other permissions that a user may need? What else could be causing only one user to not pull data from a dashboard? The dashboard is not using any security locked tables as it is mostly just the ShipHead and related tables.

Can the user load the BAQ that drives the table? If that works okay, then its not a permissions issue.

An odd thing that happened to me once, was that I had deployed a dashboard and it created a new file with a suffix after the name. Something like Ice.UI.App.CK_ShippingSchedule_1.dll when it should have been Ice.UI.App.CK_ShippingSchedule.dll

see:

Joins in the table. There are a handful of tables where Epicor will inject security for example if you are joining to PartPlant or PartWhse, if the user doesn’t have permission to that Plant, they won’t see it.

Another one was with Sales Territories I believe.

We’ve ran into this before. The users’ work force id needs to be added to --at least-- the Salesperson’s Work Force ID’s under Authorized Users tab. May also need to add them to the customer’s Sales Territory assigned sales people(s) too.

1 Like

Randy,

The tables included in this BAQ are ShipHead, ShipDtl, OrderRel, OrderHed, Customer and ShipVia. I think the only relevant table to this is Customer? Would it really be necessary to add this user as an authorized user to all Sales Persons? This dashboard is just a report of On Time Shipments so it includes all past shipments and some details on when it arrived etc.

1 Like

Here are all the Restricted by Securities Table… Customer is listed as Restricted by Territory I wonder if you have Customers set to a Territory, but the Sales Persons are not authorized to view that Territory.

3 Likes

Perhaps take the Customer table as a test and see if it works for the user(s) in question.

1 Like

That is a good idea. I think this is the issue. I made a simple BAQ with only the 2 fields that were in the other BAQ from the Customer table (Name and ShipToNum) . This user got 0 records for both BAQs because they cannot see any Customer info. The user is marked as View All Territories in Work Force but they are inactive so I am not sure if that even is having any effect.

How else do I ensure that this user can see this Customer information?

@hkeric.wci The customers are set to territories but this is not even a salesperson trying to view this dashboard. What seems odd is that they have rights to enter orders and new customers as well but still cannot pull data from this table.

Please check Erp.SaleAuth table for that user. It might be attached to a sales person who might not have access to Sales Territory.

1 Like

Arul,

This user is attached to several “Salespersons”. They are all inactive but they are not marked as View All Territories. How do I go about removing this association to these salespersons? I think this may be causing an issue:

I’m not sure if the behavior has changed but I’ve found that if I made a user and authorized user of just one Workforce member, the View All Territories doesn’t work and you have to add them to add Workforce sales team members. Removing them from ALL Authorized Users made the View All Territories work.

2 Likes

Thanks. I will give this a go and see if it fixes the issue, but I wont be able to test it on the user for a few days. I don’t think these salespersons were set up correctly in Work Force originally so it is still affecting this user.

I was going to mention the Work Force security but everyone is all over that.
I’m curious with the new BAQ Security setting if somehow the Work Force security can be bypassed for things like this where the BAQ is not going to expose any Territory/Sales Rep sensitive information.

1 Like