User Process Scheduler extended module

Hello,

Is anyone using User Process Scheduler extended module? Can it replace Epicor Service Connect module?

User process scheduler is awesome but it really depends on what you’re doing with service connect if we are to compare the two. Best case scenario is have both and use them when it’s the best tool for the job. I’m a huge fan of user process scheduler though and happy to answer questions about it

Aaron, thanks for your reply.
For some reason the closed PO Releases reopen after the AP Invoice is either created or posted. This happens randomly. Epicor tech support confirmed that it is a known issue. Hopefully they will fix it in the next release.
Meanwhile, I would like to create a BPM and schedule it to run every night to close the PO Releases with zero open qty. We have the same situation with Order Releases.
I have not created the BPM yet, so I am not sure how easy it is going to be to create one.

Yes, you could easily do this with user process scheduler. If you want help walking through it please let me know!

Thanks for the offer Aaron.

@Mike_Tonoyan - you could also do it another way. We use the Task Agent to do this without the need for the additional process scheduler. We built a BPM and we trigger it with a “schedule” at midnight every day. The BPM checks to make sure it got fired from the correct schedule event and then goes about it’s merry business. I can provide more details if you need them.

You should share it anyways, that sounds cool and I’m interested!

@MikeGross, I was not aware of triggering a BPM with a schedule. Please provide more details if possible.

@MikeGross have you designated a UD table to be your “process schedule” table, then execute bpms based off of say UD01 checkbox01 changes? Do you schedule this via a rest API call to the service in a windows scheduled task? Thats what I know on scheduling a bpm without the user process scheduler.

ok folks - I wrote it up on this post

2 Likes

@MikeGross thank you for sharing. I will try it as soon as I have a chance.

Hi All, while triggering the BPM off a Task Schedule table works, it is a little hidden due to the fact you do not see any active task or details. In 10.2.600 it will be possible to schedule Functions to be executed along with passing in parameters. Ideally people would move to this method for these scenarios going forward.

4 Likes

absolutely cool feature @Edge

any tentative date for the 10.2.600 release? @Edge

At the Virtual Summit yesterday, the indication was April for the Cloud and if all is good May for GA.

This is pretty much the normal cadence for the last few years. Epicor is like Microsoft with two releases in a year aligning with spring and fall around the world. If there is a 10.2.700, expect September/October.

1 Like

great to know @Edge!! thanks for jumping in!