Using Search Results in Dialog Box

Hi all!
I am trying to return results from a QS to a dialog box, and I am stumped. We are on 23.1.8. The search works in retrieving the results, however when you click ‘OK’ on the search panel, it does nothing. You have to click off to get it disappear and at that point its not returning anything. The dialog message currently displays " ‘undefined’ ". Thank you for all the help and see photos attached.

PlaceholderValue108_07182023

-pancakeMonkey

You’ll need to add a search-value-set action on your search-show success.

If you’re only interested on one value from your result, then you can go for the simple setup. EP Binding being where you want it to set the value and the system view “searchResult” holds your selected row data from your search-show. In my example I’m grabbing the BinNum and setting it to ReportParam.Filter2 for a BAQ Report.

If you need multiple columns then you’ll have to go into Parameters and setup both the Columns you want as JSON and the destination binding of each column in the same order. Can’t remember if the value under basic at that point should be just “searchResult”. Haven’t needed to use that recently

Oh, guess you’re using Quick Search. Please check this other topic which shows what to do for Quick and BAQ searches. I don’t have any experience with those

1 Like