Vantage 8.03410 upgrade

Hi Mark, thank you for the information, it’s very helpful. I currently have a different server for the E8 to E9 and a separate server for the E10 final upgrade. We are however not setup in a virtual environment.

I do have a question on the E9 to E10 upgrade. We currently have the same version E10.0.700 that you started with, and going through the instructions for the upgrade from E9 to E10, it looked as though during the installation of E10 is where the upgrade takes place.

My question relating to this is if E10 is installed completely, does it allow you to re-import the E9 database and E9 UOM backup again, or must a fresh install of E10 need to take place and can you re-import these databases again once E10 is installed.

Thank you,

Hi Kelly,

the uom conversion relates to E9 so it wont do anything to you vantage environment, ie relates to new tables and an extra layer of detail relating to the uom.

cheers.
Paul

Hi Krosal,
This is a bit late so you have probably figured this out. The E10 install basically ODBC connect to your E9 and pulls the data from it into a nice clean E10 database. IE its’ non destructive on your E9 environment.