(very noobish question) How do you populate an UltraGrid with data from a BAQ? Also documentation?

Based on my reading, I should be able to see the BAQ from the EpiBinding dropdown, but there is nothing there.

Despite my attempts at research, I really do not understand what the problem is, and any help at all would be much appreciated.

I’ve been using Epicor for less than a week, and have been reading as many pdfs and googling as much as I can. Are there any preferred tutorials or wikis within the Epicor community that would be helpful to a beginner?

Where in the program are you calling the customization tool? Is this in a dashboard?

Yes. This is under “customize tracker” within a query within a dashboard

generally, you don’t add a grid on the customization part. There is a grid already in the dashboard. The customization of a tracker in a dashboard is also not as wide open as customization within an assembly (.dll). The runtime can only do so much.

What is your overall goal? We can probably find a simpler solution that will work.

If you have access to epicweb, the user guides in this link do a really good job of walking you through a lot of stuff the first time.

https://epicweb.epicor.com/Education/OnlineHelpFeatureSummary/Epicor%20ERP%2010/10.1.400/Help/enu/Standard/_UG_FrontMatter/Intro_AllGuides.html

it looks like you can change the 10.1.400 to whatever version you are one.

1 Like

I am trying to have two tables from different queries display within the same tab on a dashboard. Ideally it would look like the image below (I had to censor some details), except the table on the bottom should not be present in any of the other tabs.

I could not find any way to fit two Grid Views from seperate queries in that way, but I was able to do it with a Grid View and a Tracker View from the same query. My solution was to make the second table appear inside of a tracker, and there I hit another wall and here I am now.

I had a feeling that what I was attempting to do was over complicating the problem, but it was my best attempt, haha.

Thank you for your willingness to help!

This is what dashboards do best.

You can even make the second grid change based on what is selected on the first grid. All inside a dashboard.

The date range and filter we can tackle second.

Do you have your two BAQ’s?

1 Like

You might be able to do it with a formal customization. You have to deploy your dashboard and then customize it. Dashboards don’t like a lot of customization, especially with sheets. (I’ve tried, hard, and failed).

I just came up with compromise solutions that use what’s there.

Not on the same tab though.

I’ve gotten both of those functions working, actually. Functionally, I’ve got everything the way I want it. It is just the UI that’s giving me grief. Getting them to be contained within the same tab, to be particular.

I do have them working, yes.

Here is something we did.

You can add the customization part which for filtering if you want.

To echo what Brandon is saying, there are multiple ways to do this.

@Banderson we have many dashboards that use multiple queries on the same tab. What version are you on? Maybe that is the difference?

Hmmm. I see. I’ll keep looking for a workaround.

@knash

We are on 10.1.600.5. I haven’t been able to mix tabs. I can either have them all show in there own pane all on a single tab, or on their own tab. You can have an independent pane that always shows next to another pane with tabs, but to get it to format like he has in his screen shot where he has multiple tabs, and one tab that has two queries on it, I’ve never been able to get to work. The screen shot that you did only has one tab, so it’s not mixed mode.

Can I see some screen shots of the one that you have like that? I would be interested to know what you did to make it work.

I see what you are saying now. I didn’t look at the multi tabs/ multi grid.

We keep things simple here I guess, which means we have more dashboards.

Though a few do use customization on the dashboard which add a grid. Then it is just like making a screen customization. We have code to call the BAQ to load the grid. I would guess Kevin could do something like this.

or use the DynamicQueryAdapter method on the customization.

The trick is to create the epiDataview in the custom code.

Open the dashboard in developer mode. Open the customization dialog. Add a new epiDataView in code. Save the customization. Exit the Customization Tools. Close the dashboard. ReOpen the dashboard in developer mode. Select the new customization. Open the customization dialog. The new epiDataView should be there to select.

Nice video example for you.

1 Like