What are session type EntrepriseProcessing

Bonjour! First snow storm of the year!!! Hopefully it will stay until christmas…

So I was having errors about users unable to login due all licenses were in used. So I went to look into Epicor Admin console, underr sessions … and yes all the licenses were in use.
BUT
I noticed a lot of users having an extra license as session type EntrepriseProcessing.

My question: What is this Session Type, and why does it use a new license, since after talking to the user he only as one session opened…

And if I look under Session Management module, the user is only there once…

Thank you
Pierre

Sessions are company specific. The most likely reason for those to be there is because the user has changed companies in the UI - we need a new server session with company specific data but do not want to consume an additional session license, so there is special logic in there to have the copied sessions have a different type.

1 Like

My understanding, and others may correct me, is that Epicor/Kinetic creates sessions for different security context. When I log in, it will take one license. If I moved to another company or site, it would start another session and use that context for authorization. Enterprise Processing should not consume another seat.

Thanks for the explanation! It is just users were having issues login in as maximum license count was hit… and I counted all the users under the session , including the Entreprise processing, and the total arrived at our max… (we had 5 or 6 Ent.Proc entries)
I will keep an eye on those next time it happens…
Will add to this post.
Pierre