10.0 / 10.1 Service Connect Users : POLL - Server Certificates

Since I had to fix the certificate issue for our custom web apps to work, My PC with VS2013 can not run the apps to debug (or create new)L - I get SOAP error

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2016 10:45 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] 10.0 / 10.1 Service Connect Users : POLL - Server Certificates

All,

So per Epicor documentation (and even support), the method to handshake your App server with Service Connect is to create a self signed certificate on your ESC server IIS and import that to your Epicor server to establish a trust relationship.  All fine and dandy so far.  Except that at least in Windows 2012 r2 etc it only extends the expiration date one year from the time of creation.  What is everyone else out there doing?  Remaking it every year, doing something different?  Had some nice internal emails about certain work flows not working and low and behold I found my certificate had expired.  It was easy to fix but what a PIA.

Rob Bucek

Production Control Manager

D&S Manufacturing

301 E. Main St.

Black River Falls, WI 54615

715-284-5376 Ext. 311

Mobile: 715-896-3119

rbucek@...

Visit our newly redesigned Website at www.dsmfg.com

All,

So per Epicor documentation (and even support), the method to handshake your App server with Service Connect is to create a self signed certificate on your ESC server IIS and import that to your Epicor server to establish a trust relationship.  All fine and dandy so far.  Except that at least in Windows 2012 r2 etc it only extends the expiration date one year from the time of creation.  What is everyone else out there doing?  Remaking it every year, doing something different?  Had some nice internal emails about certain work flows not working and low and behold I found my certificate had expired.  It was easy to fix but what a PIA.

Rob Bucek

Production Control Manager

D&S Manufacturing

301 E. Main St.

Black River Falls, WI 54615

715-284-5376 Ext. 311

Mobile: 715-896-3119

rbucek@...

Visit our newly redesigned Website at www.dsmfg.com