10.2.400 Setup Error

In my test environment and am trying to install 10.2.400. This is what happens when deploying the App Server.

10.2.300 did not give me this error so I am not fir sure what this is saying. Note: This is the entire message.

Validating Deployment Data.
Updating Server Files.
Updating Client Files.
Configuring Site.

Application Server Setup Failed.
Errors:
System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.Interop.AppHostWritableAdminManager.CommitChanges()
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.ConfigurationManager.CommitChanges()
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.ServerManager.CommitChanges()
at SetupEnvironment.Steps.WebAdministrationStepBase.InnerRun()
at SetupEnvironment.StepBase.Run()

Hi @Will79,
Are you deploying your AppServer with the most basic vanilla options first (don’t check Reporting Services or any of the Extensions) and are you still getting this error message? Do you know how to clean-up all of the files that were created and try to re-Deploy?

Yes, I tried that and still got the same issues. Then I exited, restarted the server, and tried again. This time it worked. SO IDK!!! :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

2 Likes

:joy::joy::rofl::rofl: The story of my life!

Went to re-test and re-install 10.2.400 and got the same error. This time, nothing is working to get pas this error.

@hmwillett @ERPSysAdmin @aidacra

Any other ideas? I have disabled the firewall, restarted, and still getting the error.

I think at this point, if I were in your position, I would completely remove the app server from the admin console and all of the references and folders in IIS and drives and then create a brand new one.

2 Likes

This isn’t even working? (What you did the last time to get it working. :wink: )

When you retested the install of 10.2.400 did you do it on a new VM or server? Or did you just uninstall 10.2.400 and re-install it? If you did an uninstall and reinstall I think maybe you aren’t cleaning up all of the files that need to be cleaned up with an uninstall…? I could give you a list of items that I usually clean-up when I do an uninstall.

What I did was take a copy of my live DB and restored it to the Test environment. Then I installed 102400. I have removed everything I can think of in inetpub, Epicor folder, and IIS. If there is something I am missing, pleas e let me know.

Check this thread for ideas. Note the .Net 4.7.2 installation comments.

Brett