10.2.600 Ice.Common.InvalidSessionException

What’s weird is this is a single company/site setup. I’d be happy to provide any data that would help clarify!

Yes. Really weird then… I cannot imagine how that session info can be deleted… It is valid for 72 hours. Start with tracing, probably it will catch when it happens.

1 Like

I have trace info of when it happens. Perhaps I could work with you next week on this?

Or just switch on that flag :grinning:

Lol well I had that flag on during tracing which is how I had aligned the event with the logger event viewer event

I mean Allow multiple sessions for user, is it on or off?

Anyway if this problem is reproducible it should be reported to support

1 Like

Should be Off for everyone But I’ll verify for sure

I think it should be On by default.

We have it off so that it doesn’t consume multiple license seats but perhaps that’s a misunderstanding on my part

I see. As I said it looks like a bug and should be reported. Any info that allows to reproduce it will be helpful.

1 Like

Well support is saying it’s expected behavior :face_with_raised_eyebrow:not sure I agree with that. Does anyone else have this exception being logged?

I’ve seen that error flood my servers the last 3 years dating back to 10.1.500. So maybe lol

That’s actually good to know. Doesn’t it seem like a silly thing to log an exception for? An info message sure but a full on exception is a little much. Oh well, if you’re seeing it too I’ll let them close the ticket. Thanks for the info!!

Heads up on this topic. Come 2022.2 (as far as I know might be slightly earlier) there has been an idle timeout setting added to appserver settings.

It is defaulted to 12 hours so you will likely see this error more.

Lower limit is 10 minutes idle and upper limit is 3 days idle. No way to disable it that I can find.

I wouldn’t mind the setting if you could exit Epicor gracefully, but sometimes it crashes after closing the exceptions, other times it floods you with the exception that you have to work through. I’m less concerned about the office employees and more concerned about the shop floor employees that have MES auto log in, that are going to come in Monday’s with all non functional MES stations.

2 Likes

It actually took effect in 2022.1, I had a case open with Epicor Support over it, not realizing this setting existed on the App Server. I found it a few weeks ago and changed it back to 3 days.

Our MES terminals on the shop floor were timing out overnight every night, the error would be displayed on the screen the next morning as the team went to clock in. Got a lot of complaints about it.

1 Like

Yes we caught it ahead of going live. Our MES stations are our concern as well. I cannot imagine the uproar we’d have if this was constant. @jgiese.wci is currently beating his head against a fix for a stupid arbitrary hard limit.

But what about security! You could not possibly have any reason to have an epicor session logged in for more than 3 days! They might get your datas!!!

Security GIFs | Tenor

1 Like

It wouldn’t be THAT big of a deal if it was recoverable. I have had to task manager close Epicor (sorry… Kinetic) everytime I have gotten it because it just error loops the crap out of everything.

There’s no reasonable way around it either, it’s hard coded right into session.

This limit works fine in Kinetic UI in the browser because after you clear the panel it drops you to the login, in classic this is a pain.

Checking one last avenue to override it. Blanket limit will cause us issues. Timeout by user would be great, by license type, but blanked… booooo

1 Like