10.2.700.5 to 10.2.700.40 thoughts

Good morning everyone,

This Friday night I will be doing an update to our system from 10.2.700.5 to 10.2.700.40 and I will admit to being very out of practice on doing these (I had a very good Business Analyst for a long time who is no longer here).

In between the last time I did one and now, we did a major upgrade (with Epicor consulting) to go from 10.1.500 to 10.2.700. When that major upgrade happened they changed the layout of our servers. Previously we had a DB/application server and a terminal server. Post-upgrade we have a DB server and an application/terminal server.

Is there anything I need to look out for in doing this update? I have Epicor’s documentation and I vaguely remember the process from many years ago, but I just wanted to check in with you guys because you guys are always helpful.

These minor upgrades should be straight-forward; however, they sometimes do make changes you need to be aware of when doing the update.

All of this is detailed in the Epicor Update Guide released for that specific version in the documentation on EpicWeb. Read the whole thing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The last time I did one of these in 10.1.500, MICR Checks were an IEX still and the update from .7 to .37 borked them completely and they would not work. Epicor was zero help and we were only saved by @hkeric.wci .

Do the update in your test environment first and confirm everything critical works correctly before updating production.

How do you do that?

Do you just run the upgrade to install the files and only change the deployment version for the Test application and leave the Live one alone?

Yep

On the directions it says

“On your Epicor server, log into your Epicor ERP 10.2 application as a security manager. To do this, double-click the ERP 102700 shortcut that was created on your desktop. Enter your security manager User name and Password. Your Epicor ERP 10.2 application opens.”

Does that mean that single sign on doesn’t work during this process or is it just worded strangely?

At least you still have @hkeric.wci in the help group! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

The instructions just assume non-SSO. If you are launching the shortcut to your SSO app server then SSO will work.

Thank you. Apologies for the questions. It’s been about 5 years since I’ve done one of these and after how badly it went last time I have PTSD.

A dot release update is easy, its nothing at all like a full version upgrade. Not that nothing can go wrong.

Thank you all for your assistance.

Besides a few incidents with a crabby report server, everything seems to have gone fine.