10.2 Pilot Upgrade - Cannot Open Custom Dashboards

Our Test and Pilot systems were updated over the weekend from 10.1.600.11 to 10.2.100.1 and we are still working on identifying what things broke and whether we need to contact Epicor support or not to fix them. One of the problems I ran into this morning is that I cannot open any of our custom dashboards. When I try to open one I receive the following error:

Error Detail
============
Message: Cannot access this menu item: Panel Plant Cut Schedule
Inner Exception Message: Assembly Ice.UI.App.CutSchedule.dll can be found, but cannot be accessed.

Please contact System Administrator and request rebuild all AppBuild Dashboard Assemblies.

Could not load file or assembly 'Ice.Lib.EpiClientLib, Version=3.1.600.0, Culture=neutral,

I’m guessing that I’m going to have to create a ticket for this issue, but figured I might as well run it by the gurus here first.

Tom,

Looks like these were compiled dashboards and will need to be re-deployed. go into Dashboard Maintenance, bring them up one by one, go to Actions > Deploy Dashboard, check the “Deploy Smart Client Application” checkbox, and then click the Deploy button.

Ernie

3 Likes

Ernie,

Thank you for your reply. Your solution came through at almost the exact same time as the solution I received from Epicor which said the same thing. Initially, redeploying the dashboards didn’t work, but after clearing the client cache and my temp files (as suggested by Epicor support) and then redeploying, the dashboards are working again.

Ernie,

Just curious, could you use Dashboard Maintenance to pull in all deployed dashboards and then do a Actions | Deploy All instead of doing them one by one?

Mark W.

4 Likes

Mark,

That was the first suggestion that support offered me, but it didn’t work when I tried it. I’m guessing that it would have if I had cleared the cache first.

1 Like

Mark,

Dashboard Maintenance only allows a single dashboard to be opened.

Ernie

I believe he was referring to Dashboard Maintenance found under System Management > Upgrade/Mass Regeneration

2 Likes

Holy Dashboard Maintenance Batman, it did! I was able to bring up multiple dashboards, and under the Actions menu, select Deploy All UI Applications… and it assembled them all.

I did it in both a 10.1.600 and a 10.2 environment, don’t have a 10.0.xxx handy.

Thanks for pointing it out!

3 Likes

I can confirm 10.0.700.

Sorry to dig up an old post; I am encountering this issue with a dashboard assembly in a 10.2.x environment.
I have re-deployed the UI application as well as the Smart Client application. If clear my client cache, it will run the dashboard (once). The next time I try to get into the dashboard from its assigned menu item, i get the error again. This all occurs in the same session. Any idea?

Did you try this solution? Mine does the same thing in 10.1.

1 Like

Thanks; I’ll give that a shot!

We are experiencing this same problem in 10.2.500.6.
I’ve done Dashboard Maintenance > Actions > Deploy All UI Applications (twice)
Plus Updateable BAQ Maintenance > Actions > Regenerate All
We spun down any load balanced Appservers so that only one remains spinning.
Cleared client cache.
Delete %temp% . /s /q
Reset IIS

Still getting this error:

Could not load file or assembly ‘Ice.Lib.EpiClientLib, Version=3.1.600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5d3fa3c7105d7992’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Note that with 10.2.500 we implemented a shared assemblies folder.

This is the setting we have in the web.config for AssemblyFileSystem (returns added for readability):

<add key="AssemblyFileSystem" value="

\eus-fs03\EpicorCust\CSG;
\eus-fs03\EpicorCust\PNY;
\eus-fs03\EpicorCust\Customization\Externals;
f:\inetpub\wwwroot\EpicorERP\Server\Customization\Externals;
f:\inetpub\wwwroot\EpicorERP\Server\Assemblies" />

The first 3 folders are for the shared assemblies, the other two are the installation defaults.

I notice that the Ice.Lib.EpiClientLib.dll on the client RDS box is version 3.2.500.6, not 3.1.600. I don’t know why the 10.2.500 programs are trying to run the older version. I’m wondering if there is a conversion or uplift step that we missed.

We have a 10.2.500.6 Sandbox and it doesn’t have these problems.

I think we solved our own problem. When we did the search to populate the Dashboard Maintenance for re-generation, it didn’t bring them all up.
We are still getting the 3.1.600 error but now it is in customized GUI’s and some BPMs. But the dashboards seem to be OK.