2023.1 Upgrade. InfoMessage.Publish() broken ̶i̶n̶s̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶d̶a̶t̶a̶ ̶d̶i̶r̶e̶c̶t̶i̶v̶e̶s̶?̶

This issue has been addressed under ERPS-224880 in 2023.1.6 and is included in the Cloud Release of 2023.1.5.

The BPM “Update Table by Query” compiler error if the Widget is configured to reference the current data row (ERPS-48557) is also in 2023.1.6 and is also included in the Cloud Release of 2023.1.5.

5 Likes

Because it’s easier to use @jgiese.wci, InfoMessage.Publish() only takes one argument, the message.

4 Likes

Definitely way easier to remember. I use the same.

2 Likes

Thank you Rich for the clarification.

1 Like

If I’ve never told you how awesome you are, here it is:

I See You Omg GIF by Bounce

1 Like

I have searches for Customizations, Functions, and BAQs too.

Gotta pay extra for those though!

To each his own I suppose. I use the various arguments here and there, and would prefer to be consistent with what method I use. Now if they have something like “WarningMessage.Publish()” or ErrorMessage.Publish()" now we’re talking! More correctly because of how they store these and present them in the UI it should be “InfoMessage.Push()” but I digress LOL.

Learned something new today!

3 Likes

Learned something new today. Mission accomplished! :rofl:

1 Like

I’m Saas 2023.1.5 as well my new method directives do not fire. I even tried a test with the infomessage and it did not fire. They sent out a message that they are going live with this version this weekend. I hope they reconsider.

Are you using PuslishInfoMessage() or InfoMessage.Publish() ? PublishInfoMessage() worked in out test but I admit I only tested once. We use these mostly for debugging so we could limp along without 'em for a patch if needed.

@klincecum posted the syntax above:

this.PublishInfoMessage("Your Message Here", Ice.Common.BusinessObjectMessageType.Information, Ice.Bpm.InfoMessageDisplayMode.Individual, "", "");

I will upgrade my environment later and test.

PublishInfoMessage still works in 2023.1.5 (just tested).

this.PublishInfoMessage("Your Message Here", Ice.Common.BusinessObjectMessageType.Information, Ice.Bpm.InfoMessageDisplayMode.Individual, "", "");

2 Likes

Strange, I’m using parttran basic and the 1st step is to send message.

Thanks for testing though.

Let’s clarify @hmwillett & @Mikec63

Hannah, did you try InfoMessage.Publish as well?

Mike, have you tested both ?

Nope–didn’t bother as others have stated that it’s no longer the one to use.
Pretty sure the “accepted” solution was to just switch to PublishInfoMessage.

Just to appease you, InfoMessage still does not work.

Yes, neither worked and I have it on the 1st step of parttran basic.

Thx

mc

No, it’s just a bug. It’s supposed to be fixed in 2023.1.6, and in cloud in 2023.1.5.

So I just answered it by typing that lol. You aren’t on cloud with 2023.1.5, so I’ll upgrade
my environment and see what’s up.

then you have something else wrong

What do you mean by this?

Hurry up Matt, you’re killing me.

I’m on public cloud 2023.1.5 and can confirm InfoMessage.Publish() did not work before and now it does.

On the topic of which is better to use I really do find uses for both InfoMessage.Publish() and this.PublishInfoMessage() and hope they both continue to work. 99% of the time I just need to pop a simple message without having to deal with other options like the DisplayMode or text on the box header. InfoMessage.Publish() keeps my code more clean and easily readable for the next person to come along especially since the IDE for Epicor is lacking to say the least.

2 Likes