[6.1] Patch 536 and Progress Patches

We also experienced this whenever we rebooted the servers. Terminal Server's Vantage 6.0 Login screen would go from normal 5 seconds to 20-30 for a while for some. We assume it's the network relearning the best path.

By the way, one area where Vantage 8 is faster is the Login screen: less than 2 seconds.

----- Original Message -----
To: <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2006 9:41 AM
Subject: [Vantage] [6.1] Patch 536 and Progress Patches

On advice of support I am installing patch 536 tomorrow to fix a problem with the FRx export (again). Although I don't see the issue listed in the list for the patch I guess I'll assume it is there.

Ever since patch 535 we have had sporadic severe Vantage login slowdown. Up to 5 minutes to get the login screen. Some people are affected worse and more often than others but then sometimes not at all. Often a subsequent login later in the day will be normal fast (12 seconds or so). Clicking on splash screen does not help but sometimes first opening mapped drives seems to speed it up, but not always. No pattern for OS, firewall on/off (all off), virus scanning (exlcudes mapped drives)...all the usual stuff. And it started right after putting on .535.

While downloading .536 I see there are Progress patches available. Maybe this would help? The slowness seems to be in starting the Progress client. What is the highest yet "safe" progress patch level for 6.1? Any known speed factors addressed? If I install it do I have to re-install every client?

Thanks,
Todd Caughey
Harvey Vogel Mfg. Co.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
On advice of support I am installing patch 536 tomorrow to fix a problem with the FRx export (again). Although I don't see the issue listed in the list for the patch I guess I'll assume it is there.

Ever since patch 535 we have had sporadic severe Vantage login slowdown. Up to 5 minutes to get the login screen. Some people are affected worse and more often than others but then sometimes not at all. Often a subsequent login later in the day will be normal fast (12 seconds or so). Clicking on splash screen does not help but sometimes first opening mapped drives seems to speed it up, but not always. No pattern for OS, firewall on/off (all off), virus scanning (exlcudes mapped drives)...all the usual stuff. And it started right after putting on .535.

While downloading .536 I see there are Progress patches available. Maybe this would help? The slowness seems to be in starting the Progress client. What is the highest yet "safe" progress patch level for 6.1? Any known speed factors addressed? If I install it do I have to re-install every client?

Thanks,
Todd Caughey
Harvey Vogel Mfg. Co.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]