A Valid Task Set Is Required - On Duplicated Quotes

ERP 10.1.600.11
We recently upgraded to 10.1.600.11
Our quote/opportunity form is out-the-box, no customizations
There may be some BPMs

Sales have found than when creating a quote by duplicating an existing one, it’s fine so long as the changes are minimal such as due dates on the newly made one.
However, if they try to change the tax liability, or the quoted qty, they receive this error message:

Capture

I have gone to actions > Task > New task icon

I have tried to add a default task,

Then I click save, but then get this error:
Capture

I click OK, and then I get this error:

Capture

Full error txts attached.
Logged with Epicor, they have never had this reported and have no idea.
(Happening to us a lot!)

We were previously on 10.0.700.4 and did not encounter this.

Any help appreciated!!

ValidTaskSetRequired.txt (2.3 KB)

DuplicateSequenceNumber.txt (10.5 KB)

ValidTaskSetRequired.txt (2.3 KB)

I’d put in a support ticket on this.

1 Like

We have this same problem. Since I couldn’t replicate it every time support wouldn’t help me.

Hi Aaron,
We have done, they said t has never been reported before and they have no idea.
Although UTaylor’s reply below suggests otherwise!

1 Like

That’s ok, they still should be able to help even if they haven’t seen if before. @aidacra any suggestions for Karen to help ensure a more productive dialog on this support ticket?

Epicare case CS0001024110 - it’s still open but on the phone it didn’t sound like there was anything doing.

I originally reported this error on 9/9/16. I was given SCR 48839 and was told it would be fixed in 10.2. We upgraded and it still doesn’t work. This is the last answer I received.
2018-03-21 16:34:39 -Kurt Pedraza Apologies Debbie, I found the problem related to the issue you’re experiencing. PRB0187662 ERPS-73676 was created for the issue and it’s indeed set to be fixed in 10.2 However, a target service patch hasn’t been defined yet and the problem still remains as active. PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: When you setup a Global Alert Group, ‘At least one address (To/CC/Bcc) should be specified’ error appears when you try to trigger the alert. EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: System shouldn’t ask you for an adress(To/CC/Bcc) when you have specified a Global Alert Group. I linked the case number into the problem for you to be able to track all further updates I apologize for the inconvenience. Regards

1 Like

Appreciated - thank you so much

I can give you our case number haha

I’m not so certain that your case is related to ERPS-73676–that SCR is regarding a specific issue with global alert groups (as an aside, it is one of my missions in life to convince enough people within Epicor to do away with global alerts all together, but…).

I have asked my counterpart in CRM backline support to review this case next week to see if there is anything that they can suggest. My impression was that you provided all the info needed for us to determine the cause.

Yes—I think you’re right…I got the error message mentioned below as well.

Thanks,

Debbie

Do you have “CRM” licensed? Do you actually use the tasks for quotes?

I ask because we are on 10.1.600.8 and duplicate quotes many times a day and have not seen this.

Well this is embarrassing.
We have one milestone on the default task in quotes (win/lose) and somewhere in our upgrade it got made inactive - egg on face!

3 Likes

I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve screwed up our task sets due to little things like that. Too bad it’s so complex!!

3 Likes

@KMenz So what exactly was the issue and how did you solve it?

I am not as learned on tasks as I should be. I have a user getting this same error today.

I think I understand… you duplicated a quote and the task that was on it was inactive, correct?

Hi

in quote entry,
tasks tab
details tab
We have a default task (apparently in quotes, you have to have one task ticked as a ‘milestone’ as a minimum requirement) - ours is sequence number 10, default Task set - whereby the quote is ticked ‘won’ if it is converted to a sales order and ‘lost’ if it is not.

When I right clicked on our task, and opened with ‘Task Entry’, I opened it up and the 'inactive checkbox was ticked, which was causing our error message.

We can only assume this got clicked by mistake somewhere in our upgrade as nobody would have ticked the box intentionally!

Hope this helps.

I appreciate the comments and pictures. Unfortunately that is not the case for us. For some reason I am getting that same message and I can’t seem to figure out why.