ABL OUTPUT TO Blank Title 142703

Security makes sense. The code I took it from writes to a hidden share with everyone having write permissions.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2016 2:33 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] ABL OUTPUT TO

>> "D:\epicor\mfgsysdata\Reports\userxxx\PIF.txt".
>> "\\svr-dapp\EpicorData\Reports\" + DCD-UserID + "\test.txt".

Thanks,
Your example works as long as the "\\svr-dapp" part is my Vantage server name
(the previous D:\ drive example was a local path on the Vantage server)

But it is still failing when I try to point to other server names on the network.

I'm thinking it's a security issue here.
I checked with a test system on an isolated LAN & was able to send to other servers on that LAN.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at 727-578-6240 and immediately delete the communication.

"This (document/presentation) may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10. Export of this material is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751 et seq.) and may not be exported to foreign persons without prior approval form the U.S. Department of State."
Hi,

In V8.03 I have a BPM that is writing some data to a file in a users report folder
using a line like this:   output to "D:\epicor\mfgsysdata\Reports\userxxx\PIF.txt".

Was hoping I could send the output to a shared network folder but
When I tried a URL and mapping a drive, both of those attempts failed - the BPM throw an error & no output.

Thanks

Bruce

Did you try a UNC path?

On Saturday, August 13, 2016, bruce.d.ordway@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>Hi,<br><br>In V8.03 I have a BPM that is writing some data to a file in a users report folder<br>using a line like this: Â  output to &quot;D:&#92;epicor&#92;mfgsysdata&#92;Reports&#92; userxxx&#92;PIF.txt&quot;. <br><br>Was hoping I could send the output to a shared network folder but<br>When I tried a URL and mapping a drive, both of those attempts failed - the BPM throw an error &amp; no output.<br><br><br><br>Thanks<br></p><p><span>Bruce<br></span></p><p></p>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

--

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I have a bpm that writes to a share that works on 9.05. I copied the lines from there and made a test on customer update that works in 905.702A.

Greg

define variable fileLocation as character init ''.

define variable outputLine as character init ''.

For Each ttCustomer where ttCustomer.rowmod = "U".

assign fileLocation = "\\svr-dapp\EpicorData\Reports\" + DCD-UserID + "\test.txt".

output to value(fileLocation).

outputLine = "stuff".         

message outputLine.

End.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2016 1:42 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] ABL OUTPUT TO

Hi,

In V8.03 I have a BPM that is writing some data to a file in a users report folder
using a line like this:   output to "D:\epicor\mfgsysdata\Reports\userxxx\PIF.txt".

Was hoping I could send the output to a shared network folder but
When I tried a URL and mapping a drive, both of those attempts failed - the BPM throw an error & no output.

Thanks

Bruce

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at 727-578-6240 and immediately delete the communication.

"This (document/presentation) may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10. Export of this material is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751 et seq.) and may not be exported to foreign persons without prior approval form the U.S. Department of State."
>> "D:\epicor\mfgsysdata\Reports\userxxx\PIF.txt".
>> "\\svr-dapp\EpicorData\Reports\" + DCD-UserID + "\test.txt".
Thanks,
Your example works as long as the "\\svr-dapp" part is my Vantage server name
(the previous D:\ drive example was a local path on the Vantage server)

But it is still failing when I try to point to other server names on the network.

I'm thinking it's a security issue here.
I checked with a test system on an isolated LAN & was able to send to other servers on that LAN.