Account Budget Project

FYI, you can just copy/paste in an image, you don’t need to use that utility.

So once you add the column to the existing grid, you should be able to loop through the grid, and do whatever lookup you want with the data on that row, and set the new column value to that lookup. If it were me, I would have a BAQ with parameters to grab the and period of the row, subtract 1 for the year, and do a lookup with that value. Then the result would go in the grid.

That being said, that’s a huge pain in arse for something that gets used only a few times a year.

yeah it’s been a pretty big pain but it’s got to get done, I don’t know if I am doing it the most efficient way or not or if I should hire a consultant. If it was Visual studio .net application I would be able to do this easily. I’m just brand new to epicor’s side.

Are you using the visual studio extension? It will make this a lot easier. (Did we have this discussion already lol)

I have 2019 and it doesn’t let me debug with it.

Not debugging. There is an extension that @josecgomez wrote that will allow you pull your customization into VS. it works with 2019 just fine. Search for Epicor in the extension store. You can do you coding on VS.

oh yes I have that, it crashes for me when I tried to use it.

So with the diagram I shared do you think this would be the best way to do what I am trying to accomplish?

No, I don’t think think that messing with that grid is worth it. You can easily throw this information into a dashboard so that they can see it, but it won’t be right next to the rows. That requirement seems idiotically specific.

They just need to be able to see the previous years budget aswell as make changes to the new budget.

I understand that, but why can’t they have a dashboard open on one window, and this one open on this window? You can even embed the dashboard into this screen so it’s in the same window. But putting it actually into the same grid? Why?

There is also a utility for exporting and importing budgets too. So the can export last years, make changes and then import it to this years. That’s built in right out of the box.

This is how it looks currently and it’s horrendous.

So we are trying to integrate it into Epicor.

You can do whatever you want I guess. Seems to me that budgets should be set, and if they are changing that much that they need some special whiz bang screen to be able to constantly adjust it, then the budget doesn’t really do much good. But that’s more of a business issue, not a software issue.

If you are simply trying to make Epicor do it like you’ve (the business) always done it… that’s a another problem. Make sure you understand how Epicor is expecting the business to use it, then you can evaluate if you need adjust your business, or truly adjust the software.

I’m not really sure what else to tell ya, other than make sure that you have the business reason for doing whatever you are doing well defined and well understood. If that doesn’t happen, the software part is a nightmare.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

So I have gotten a lot of progress on this project but I ran into some more issues. Can you set fields read only without the GetNew being triggered, just on load? I have tried and i’m not having any success. Also can I trigger the on load methods whenever someone uses clear?

Depending on exactly what you mean, you can set extended properties to make them read only, but that’s that field for everything on the screen. Use the wizard in the customization editor for that. ( I hope you don’t mean you mean read only sometimes…)

You can make an event trigger that can look for a tool click, so you can call them whenever the tool is clicked. I’m not sure why you would need on the on load methods for.

For setting default values when the form is cleared, and extended properties is only with a view and there is no view when it is first opened.

Try using the wizard to set extended properties. I will do all of the code for you. See what it does.

Yes the wizard asks me to select a view.

:man_shrugging:

The view should be there. Something isn’t set up right. Why isn’t your view loaded on form load?