ACH Vendor payments

I am new to using Prophet 21. We currently only write checks to pay vendors. I would like to begin to pay our vendors using ACH. I’ve been reading that I need to contact Epicor to format a NACHA file format for me. Has anyone else had this done?

Also, being a new user I’m not sure in general what I would need to do to each individual vendor to set them up for ACH payment.

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Karen,
We just implanted ach payments, so contact me directly to share our experiences

Prasad@ndindutries.com. Thanks

Prasad

Depending on the bank, they should be able to provide you a data mapping file format that you then can generate a flat file from Epicor to send as an ACH payment. We did this with Wells Fargo and they provided us with what they needed.

I guess our problem is in generating the file from Epicor. We do not have any internal IT folks here (all outsourced) and I know I do not know enough to generate this on my own.

You will setup and electronic interface. Here is our setup and we are using the Payment_Generic file. You will then go into Payment Method Maintenance and create ACH and select the Interface you just created.

With the help of @Humberto_Martinez, we were able to break through the jump from 10.1.400 to 10.2.300 generating NACHA ACH transactions to pay vendors. In 10.1.400, I don’t think we defined any Electronic Interfaces and/or used defaults. In 10.2.300, we changed the “Program” on the EI from generic ach to Payment_US_ACH_Domestic.cs (path is Erp\EI\Payment_US_ACH_Domestic)

Couple of notes.

• The PayrollElectronicDeposit_NACHA.cs will not work when paying vendors. You’ll get a cast error as it is intended to only work with Payroll. I’ll add, since I’m new to ACH, I didn’t understand NACHA. Their site is geared toward Payroll. But several of the top 10 banks accept NACHA transactions to pay vendors. The Payment_US_ACH_Domestic.cs generates the NACHA standard
  • If using Payment_US_ACH_Domestic, we then had to ensure the Suppliers “BANK” address has the country defined. I don’t think we had anything in bank address for any of our suppliers. On the transactions processed, we only changed the country to USA.
  • We also had to update Currency Master Maintenance and supply an ISO Number of 840 (in the US) and ISO Currency Code of USD
1 Like

Just trying to implement this for the first time in 10.1.600 and need a step by step help. Thanks

Has anyone experienced a problem with only 1 of 2 payments printing to the NACHA file? Both payments exist on the Remittance Advice, Positive Pay, & the Supplier Tracker payment history. The NACHA file appears to only have the first payment in the series for each vendor on my test payments. I have searched Comp Config, Electronic Interface, Currency Mast. I do not see anything to indicate that i need to tell Epicor to print all payments in the Group. I believe the file that my programmer might have a glitch. Has this happened to anyone???

Is it combining multiple payments to a vendor into a single payment for each vendor?

No. I created 6 test invoices. Two vendors had one invoice - they’re correct. The other 2 vendors had two invoices each. My NACHA file created the total from the first invoice of two for each vendor (not the total payment for that vendor, just invoice #1). However, the Remittance Advice prints the total correctly.

Is the problem my NACHA set-up? Or did I skip something in Payment Entry? I never have to tell Epicor to pay two invoices together on one check.

I appreciate any thoughts you might have. I am totally stressing IT out over this!

I’m not an expert on NACHA - in fact I’ve never used it.

One thing to check is that there is a setting for each customer that allows combining shipments into a single invoice. This is obviously on the AR side of things. Maybe there is a similar setting in Vendors that combines invoices for payment, or forces individual payments per AP invoice.

Just throwing ideas out there.

Right, that was my first check - Supplier Maint. There is a checkbox for “one invoice/check”. That is un-checked.

I am not finding anything in Payment Entry that indicates it needs to know to add multiple invoices into one payment. In fact, the bank total is correct for the two invoices I am trying to pay. The NACHA file only lists the total on invoice 1. Totally out of ideas.

Thank you for your time/ideas. I am awaiting help from the person who modified the file.

That is standard in the NACHA file format. The total dollar is in the file and one invoice number. The rest are printed on the remittance report.

Here is a KB