Good Day Blue:
There are some loose ends to your question:
Are they â€˜buyingâ€™ from Main company, or direct from maker?
Do you transfer inventory with internal sales-orders, or Transfer-actions.
Do you need it to hit the G/L that way, or if just reports, you can get cost from Transaction-Records rather the System-Inventory-Cost ( average, Std. or last)
What cost do you use in general: Average, Standard, or Last?
1. Using â€˜averageâ€™ cost would stock them at 1.50, so 20 x 1.5 = $30. But I do not think that would work for you.
2. FIFO and LIFO track each receipt through the system. I have never used it, but I do not know how much control you have over what FIFI-Receipt to use.
3. If just for reporting, and not G/L, you can us cost from other files ( trans, Order, PO, etc) instead of the system cost ( ave, std, last)
4. Different Plants can have different costs.
5. If just a few, you could have separate bins for different cost: but only for reporting, not ( I donâ€™t think) for Transactions.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com]
On Behalf Of bluewine@...
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 4:20 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Actual Cost
It appears we've a requirement to track Actual Costs for our German subsidiary. For example, if 10 of item x is purchased at $1 and then 10 at $2, we have to keep track of which are $1 and which are $2. I assume Lot Control can do this but the Stock Status shows 20x2 - $40, not 10x1 plus 10x2 - $30. Any ideas on this?