Add/Change Purchase Order Entry UOM's

When a part is created with the wrong class, and part trans happen, you can’t change the class.
Not even with UOM Conversion.

We’ve had to do a “hack” where we create a UOM called EAFT for class COUNT, with a symbol of FT, and a conversion of 1 EAFT = 1EA.

Then if a part was originally created with class COUNT, but should have been LENGTH, we can use the EAFT uom, and FT will printout out on reports.

1 Like

Calvin,

I really like the idea of your purchasing personnel exclaiming that should’ve been enough, I bought 10 Eafts!

:slight_smile:

We have real issues where some pipes are actually meant to be tracked by the count. Like whole 10 FT lengths of pipe that are threaded on both ends. Those should be EA, as having 2 halves won’t do for what he need.

But this still causes problems when someone needs 50 FT, and enters 50 EA on the order. That’ll get them (50) 10’ lengths, for a total of 500 FT.

You’re almost there with this one… but when you create the new UOM Conversion in the COUNT class, use a unique name (LBS instead of LB or vice versa), and make sure you select the Part Specific checkbox.

Then on the Part UOM grid enter the conversion value for that part number (you’ll have to do it on each part).

If your inventory is in the correct class, don’t change it… this is just so the buyers can buy it correctly.

@Ernie nice suggestion. I didn’t know that option.