Add/Take ECM/Docstar Attachment Timeout

We are on Kinetic Cloud with an On-Prem Docstar installation. We have a working Attachment Type connection to Docstar and can currently drop attachments to records in Prod and 3rd Kinetic Environments to create the Docstar Attachment.

We have developed an APR process to Take an ECM/Docstar Attachment in 3rd and Prod environment and have been getting this error in Prod only.

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

We then replicated our Prod environment over to our 3rd(Test) to confirm it was the same setup and it still worked in 3rd.

Understanding the issue is the link between Prod and Docstar but with the Attachment Type connection working and ability to make docstar attachments thru modules we are not sure what other connection to test. Support had us confirm all the firewall settings and whitelisting was in place.

Shot in the dark here, but you say that you

but you do not say that you can VIEW that same attachment from within Kinetic that you are trying to attach using APR. So, my first question, is can you view it - thus testing the ‘Take Attachment’ APR widget’s connection and processing through the security in ECM.

The only thing I can think of is that you have some slightly different security configured in Prod then in Test. It’s the only thing I can think of that would prevent you from retrieving a document but allowing you to put one in ECM. I know it sounds odd, but it is possible given ECM’s security constructs.

1 Like

If FileTransfer mode is set to direct client copy in Attachment Type Maintenance, the testing is happening between your user machine and DocStar.
If File Transfer is set to Usung Service, then testing is happening between your App Server in the cloud and DocStar.
APR is running on server, and this is app server that is used by Task Agent, usually it is separate than app servers that are used for connection. In that case some restriction still exists between that app server and your DocStar installation.

1 Like

Yes, sorry we can view the attachments from Kinetic in docstar both thru native viewer and open in ECM

We are set to Using Service which seems like the preferred method and the only method available when the browser UI attachment modules. I did test in the smart client to changing it to client direct but got the same error.

same error in APR? yes, because it is always working on the server, regardless File Transfer mode for attachments. I mentione it to explain why Test could work and APR did not.