Adding Columns To A Landing Grid

Hi Hannah,
Have you ever successfully added a BAQ column to a landing page?

Landing pages currently require special handling.

It’s not hard, I’ll show you tomorrow. I have another thread on it I need to update anyway.

Yeah yeah, show us then… KEVIN! That doesn’t break the screen.

I will, right now I’ve got a virtual machine down that’s critical.
I’m only here for moral support atm. :rofl:

You got this Kevin.
That VM is in the right hands…

You-can-do-it GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Awesome, thank you Kevin!

Sorry guys, the day job bit me today, I won’t forget about y’all.

Starz Side Hustle GIF by Power Book II: Ghost

Ok I played with this a bit tonight, and have the data going in there a little more efficiently once you have the column in place. When I tidy that up, I’ll share it.

However, now I have a new problem / questions. :poop:

In my other thread,
https://www.epiusers.help/t/manipulating-the-kinetic-web-ui-from-the-backend-for-fun-and-profit/100267

I had advised you could probably skip hacking a column in through the metafx object, but I don’t seem to be able to do it.

I opened Job Entry in App Studio, added a column, and no results come back, at all.
So I stepped back, and just added a layer, with no customization at all, and no results come back.
WTH.

I had to add my column through the metafx object just to do testing.
So my question is, those of you using my previous code in the other thread, are you adding
the column in the way I did with the metafx bo, or were you able to add the column and skip that part?

https://www.epiusers.help/t/manipulating-the-kinetic-web-ui-from-the-backend-for-fun-and-profit/100267/16?u=klincecum

It’s working for me without the MetaFX BO. I updated my code to the new version you posted last night for adding columns via Post-Processing MD on GetList and it still works.

ETA: Version 2023.1.10

Strange behavior here:
If I add the column, in metafx-panel-card-grid->Grid Model->Columns
and Publish it, it works on my test menu item.

If I add the column, in metafx-panel-card-grid->Grid Model->Columns
and Save, then Preview, it doesn’t load any jobs.

WT! …

Interesting. I didn’t have to add the UD column to the Grid Model and the value populates correctly on the landing page. I wonder what’s different…I’m on 2023.1.10.

@klincecum To see if I could reproduce what you’re seeing, I created a new layer in Job Entry, added my UD field to the Grid Model, and it’s still populating.

In preview, or the main menu item? (or whatever menu item :))

Both - Preview loaded the grid with the UD column populated, and after adding a menu item and restarting, the customized version also populates the UD columns.

I guess it doesn’t matter, at least for this discussion. :sob:

Whatever way y’all want to get the column in there, if it works, you can use the other code
as a guide to get the data down.

@spaceage I posted that other code for your specific issue in the other thread.

https://www.epiusers.help/t/manipulating-the-kinetic-web-ui-from-the-backend-for-fun-and-profit/100267/19?u=klincecum

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’ll test it out after this meeting and report back.