Adding lines to Sales Order really slow

In the past week adding lines to Sales orders has become really slow. One user had 8 mins of the spinning wheel yesterday before Epicor came back to allow addition of the next line. I also tried dmting in lines for a sales order and that was really slow as well. Has anybody experienced similar behaviour?

1 Like

Sadly you may want to check this if nothing else has changed in your environment.

Last two monthly Windows Security updates are currently destroying performance of Epicor 10.

3 Likes

Thanks Jonathan. I am only just getting to the point where I could replicate the issue. I will see if there is an impact by removing KBs

I have removed KB4601319, KB5000802 was not on my workstation, and still no change in performance.

Running PDT against a trace file I get the following

Just some ideas to check off.

• Not sure if you have looked at the Task Monitor on both your SQL and Application server, checking for things like high CPU/Memory.

• Has there been any infrastructure changes to your network, new devices added or changed?

• Has someone scheduled a report that runs every 5 minutes or something crazy like that?

• No new BPMs added?

• No Dashboards with auto refresh added?

• How many lines in the sales order?

Hi Simon,

Pretty much nothing has changed.

We only went live in early December and one of the 1st orders was 75 lines long and no issues there. We are seeing delays on updating order details from 60ish lines

Hmmmm.
Do you have regular SQL maintenance plans scheduled? Are there any SQL jobs still executing that might be effecting performance?

When was SQL last restarted… On prem you say… No hardware issues with your server like a bad disk?

SQL is a black hole for me at the moment. We are on prem but managed from our UK operations team. Just seems odd that in 3months of using the system we were fine until the last two weeks. The APP & SQL servers are restarted each week.

You could try running the Performance and Diagnostic Tool, the installer should be in \Utilities\ICE3 Performance Diagnostic Tool, in the Epicor server deployment location. I do not have much experience with it but I know it has some sort of Server, Network and Memory analysis tools.

1 Like

Ok , best check with the Ops team re the SQL maintenance. Do you have the ability to look at the system agent schedules? If so then check the schedules for any weird tasks…

Another thought has come to mind, is SQL setup for high availability? If so perhaps it’s failed over to the secondary server. That goes for WAN links too if your WAN link has redundancy and has failed over, to the backup link and that’s not the same performance as your main link…Of course that’s if your app server is in another location other than where you are testing from.

That’s all the suggestions I’ve got, as you can appreciate it’s a bit hard to give specifics when you don’t know the environment.

Sorry I can’t help further, but I do hope I’ve provided some points to look at.

Also, refer to this thread and revisit the potential that this is being caused by a Win security update. Apparently, KB numbers can differ based on the version.
Make sure the latest Security Update is from Jan 2021.

I think one thing I would try running is the Epicor Administration Console - Performance and Diagnostic Tool - Config Check on your Epicor Server. We had an issue with RuleID SQL003 - SQL Server Available Space and the MDF file had less than 25% free space. I think we had hit such little Free Space in our MDF file that it suddenly caused a slowdown in various processes for all users due to the constant auto-growth events that needed to be performed.

EpiCare AnswerBook # 17902MPS

For this rule, we are looking for at least 25+% free for a clear PASS and between 10% to 24.9% free for a WARNING in your transactional database for ROWS data. This rule is about “right sizing” your database to prevent auto-growth events which can cause index fragmentation and delays during transactions during the auto-growth event itself if the SQL server user account doesn’t have the instant initialization permission. This rule only applies against a production / live database and doesn’t need to be completed against the Epicor training database (as an example).