Adjustment change

My accounting clerk made an adjustment to a posted invoice and did not change the date to apply it to the correct period. Is there anyway to correct this so that the adjustment is in the correct period?

could you credit out the bad invoice and then redo it with the correct apply date? Otherwise a manual journal entry is probably your best bet.