Altec doc-link Document Type Error

Hi

I’m hoping somebody can remind me how to fix this… some documents are registering in doc-link as Text, rather than EMF.

It has to do with setting the print processor to Winprint, NT EMF 1.008. That is common between the devices that are working in the below snip and the ones that aren’t - all pointing at the same shared printer.

I’ve fixed this in the past I know I have, but cannot for the life of me remember what I did!

From E10 I’ve tried all 3 methods of printing - Server Print / Client Print / Preview then Print

@markdamen there are few things to check. is this a new document type (sales order, or invoice). Did you check the ERM Configuration Tab on the document type, verify the input type is EMF.

also check the printer settings, make sure render on client is enabled.

Thanks for the ideas @bderuvo. It’s nothing new, been working fine for years…!

It’s been fighting me all day long! Sometimes it was detecting as EMF, but then saying it didn’t line up to a document. So I changed all of the detection locations on the page (about 10 of them), and the EMF Doc Type detect. Then it was only detecting as Text for a while. Then it went back to EMF, but on the original layout so I had to reteach all of the fields again! Then text again, now finally EMF.

I think the only thing I can think is that in “Monitor Sessions” there were 2 entries for Altec.doclinkServiceHost. Killing off the one that wasn’t consuming the ERM license seems to be what made it more consistent.

Does my head in, but it does add the momentum to getting documents converted across to APR!

So I’m putting it down to a stale session. Very annoying!