Am I loosing my mind? TextBoxes Multiline

I feel like I’m loosing my mind. In kinetic how do add additional lines in textboxes like the descriptions in parts and sales order lines or the memo fields. In classic you would just hit enter to go to the next line. In kinetic it saves/closes the record. Tried the typical ALT+ENTER , SHIFT+ENTER, and CTRL+ENTER combos.

Did I miss something here?

Hi Lee,

Try using hotkeys - not in the list view, but the detail view.
[Ctrl][Shit][A] is the default

To get to hot keys - - [Ctrl][Alt][H] to edit available processes.

Control + Shift + A is add new. I’m talking about entering to the next line in say the description field in part entry that is a multi-line field.

I was able to add multiline data into a memo field in part entry. I had to copy/paste it. I experienced the same thing you did with the normal newline shortcuts closing the memo.

I don’t think you can do multiline in part description. But you should be able to in memo, and comments. Again none of the shortcuts for new line work in Kinetic, so you will have to copy/paste the multiline data from your favorite notepad.

I also tried using ALT codes 010 and 013, but they were not recognized. Many Alt codes did work to produce special characters. I expect these boxes have just not been setup correctly by Epicor.

If anyone finds the right way to do this, please let us know!
Thanks!
Nate

I did a quick test. Selected the three text boxes you can have in Kinetic.

In the first two boxes, I was able to just use [Enter] to get a new line.

The last one, not able to create new lines.

BTW - the Text area is really nice, as you can change the size of the box from one line high to multiple lines high. Nice feature.

1 Like

Thanks Bruce!

Maybe we’ll add customizations to swap out the control then.

Has anyone found a way to do a new line in a memo yet? Did anyone open a case with Epicor? We are finding the same issue.
Thanks,
Debbie

Which version do you have? I remember it was broken and then fixed but don’t remember the exact versions.

We are on 2021.2.13 but we are upgrading to 2022.1.8 this month in our Pilot environment. I ended up opening a case with Epicor Support and they state that this issue is resolved in the 2022.1.8 upgrade :crossed_fingers:

Yeah, that is the same one I found, broken on 2021.2, fixed in 2022.1

1 Like