Annoying log entries in Windows Application Event Log "Epicor App Server"

On our App Server in the “Epicor App Server” event log i see 10000s of information entries like

rowMod=A
PreForm Done
Pre Mtl.GwtByID - 447775
Mtl.GwtByID Done
Pre Issue.PreGetNewIssueReturn

etc.

Does anyone know what is generating these??

They are very annoying and can ‘drown’ any actually useful events I need to see.

Can I get the exact message? You can have these added in a bpm and the like as well.

Also, what flags are enabled in your appserver.config?

Hello Bart,

I am not aware of any BPM that is writing to the event log and I have just checked the appserver.config file. All switches are off. I can send you part of our event log if you wish?

I definitely think it’s a BPM, using Custom Code.

You can search your DB using this simple script:

SELECT * 
FROM Ice.BpDirective
WHERE CAST(Body as nvarchar(max)) LIKE '%Ice.Diagnostics.Log.WriteEntry%'

This will list out the BPMs that you can then go check.

4 Likes

Brilliant, Mark! Problem identified.

An excellent technique for tracking down errant pieces of code.

Richard.

1 Like

Just thought I’d add to this,
I’m seeing
CheckInPartRev: and DeleteRevLock:

in our event logs I have a user punching in a heap of MoMs. Running @markdamen script didn’t yield anything even when I replaced and searched for the string mentioned above.

Not sure if this has anything to do with anything in Company Config, but I’d like to know.

If anyone knows it would be really, really helpful.

I’ve noticed those too, Simon. I assume it is related to part revisions.

My script will only pick up code from BPMs, anything Epicor controlled one their source code you’re stuck with unless there is a config option for that logging

Did you find the source of these messages? seeing these events being logged as well.

@knash unfortunately I never did get to the bottom of it. I’ve since moved on so if I was being funny I could say it resolved itself. :slight_smile: I do agree has to be something code related (duh)… I’ll keep an eye out on my travels when I am doing any engineering WB work.