Any Multi-Site users using EDI?

Epicor 10.2.300
We have onprem EDI with a single site and are adding a second site to the company. Wanted to see if any other EDI users had run into any issues/problems before I added the second site. Trading partners are not sending site information so we’ll be driving site demand from the demand contract.

TIA

No Issues for me as long as you configure the Process (Import EDI) to run in each Company and you have your folder structure split correctly by Company ID so each one can monitor its own.

I think he’s speaking sites and not companies. Customers generally don’t care which site is fulfilling the need since they’re ordering from one customer and they just want their :poop:.

We may be in this position soon. One company, multiple sites. (OK, two companies but the next company has multiple sites). If it’s always one site fulfilling a contract then Demand Management looks promising. If it’s who’s got capacity right now vs. who’s the closest, vs margin available, … then it make get a little hairy.

1 Like

Ah! Im so used to Sites just being Companies because its easier to seperate them Financially using Virtual Companies :slight_smile:

1 Like

Issue will be with shipping and invoicing as multi-site order need to shipped from individual plant and pack slips from multi-site cannot be combined to one invoice with standard Epicor. If customer does not care about multiple pack slips and multiple invoices for a single PO then its not a problem. Otherwise, it requires a BPM to consolidate the invoice and posting rule to be modified for GL posting but will loose Auto Invoice functionality.

I am working with a company who has multi-sites and we definitely have no issues, the EDI mapping is important if your customer wants the N1*SF to reflect the warehouse information.

Jean Montague
EDI Developer
www.linkedin.com/in/jeanmontague

Ah, the shipments from multiple sites and the inability to combine into a single invoice isn’t something I had considered. Good to know. That being said, how we’ll be using the second site (our Mexican operation operating as a maquiladora) should insulate us from this. We won’t have cross site shipments on a single SID so we should be good to go.

Thanks for the responses!