Anybody having issues with Cloud Kinetic ERP since AKS upgrade this last weekend?

It’s dealing with the writing internally that we are having issues with, so we are not even externally writing to it. Our FTP to the directory for our labeling software works fine. Its when we have customization/bpm/etc… It doesn’t have issue creating the file, just randomly tells us that file path doesn’t exist. If they try again it 99% of the time works on the 2nd attempt. Issue is that when it does that it gives us an exception error and needs to kill, Epicor and go back in better then half the time. Seems like it happens more frequently if there are more users. Night shift has less of an issue and morning shift has issues when the office personal start arriving.

Specifally on our labels with this code(Yes the file path does exist, as it works on 2nd attempt as noted.):
System.IO.File.WriteAllText(OutputName, contents.ToString());

So is there an alternative to this if that method call is causing issues for being on the cloud? Not even sure it’s related to that call since it seems like we have issues when we have multiple people logged in.

Inner Exception

===============
The network path was not found. : ‘\XXXXXXX\XXXXXX\LiveEDI\LabelDrop\MWoffline_FRM2153230_32024.txt’

The issue is most likely timing. AFS is a lot slower than local storage.

You may have to build in some delay or retry logic until it improves. (if it does)

If you have hard coded paths to EpicorData, you’ll need to fix them and use the helper methods.

I was thinking that too. Did test a simple try/catch with that specific code and in testing caught the error then had small delay before attempting it again and went through fine.

In production it didn’t seem to help. Did an 8 second delay, maybe I need to try a more aggressive delay then.

8 seconds is a long time. I’d open a support ticket.

I know, so didn’t think need to do more time then that. Thought that was overkill to begin with. If it had worked I was expecting to shorten it a bit until it seemed to break again.

We have had a ticket in since Monday, I work with Jill that started this thread.
We’ve gotten virtually nowhere with them besides acknowledging the ticket and after several calls saying they are looking at it. Our CAM even told us something about them being busy with some internal software changes at their offices.

@Rich tagging you in.

Anything you can add?

We do have hard coded paths to EpicorData in our System Agent:

Can we use the helper methods in the cloud? I didn’t think had the references available for that in the cloud. Took a look and tried it don’t find the references. Nor does it seem to work if just put them on the bpm manually. Maybe trying to use the wrong ones?

Thinking out loud, Bartender REST might be worth a crack… :umbrella:

Looking at rest api application actually for future state. But the here and now of suddenly being cut off to reliably write to a file directory within Epicor from inside of Epicor has us hobbled. It’s not that is it isn’t working it’s just that seem we are running into timing issues after they did the Azure Kubernetes Services. Time delay even a long one like 8 seconds didn’t help.

Been told it is now case sensitive, not sure how true that is but looking at it.

1 Like

We had multiple issues with emails, we ended up switching from using SMTP to Microsoft 365 to resolve them. Support was not able to figure out why all of a sudden the SMTP issue was occurring.

See the new “Email Settings Maintenance” application in Epicor, it allows selecting which approach to use and configure the settings for it (“it” being either SMTP or Microsoft 365)

Just an FYI and update, they got back with us noting a server issue and pending fix. They had us switch from the URL to an IP address when referencing this area for any calls to write to that file path.
\IPADDRESS\SAASNUMBER\LiveEDI\LabelDrop\

Yes, and you are supposed to! :rofl:

1 Like

Hey all - sorry for the delayed response.

The intermittent file issue has been found and is being addressed. Problem relates to DNS propagation / forwarding and you should no longer need to use a specific IP Address in the file path.

1 Like

Thanks for the info Rich. I think I will keep the IP address in place for now. Things are back to normal and I really don’t want to switch things again and have another day of chaos:>) Glad they got the issue fixed.

Had this issue this weekend, related? Odd, because it would work, about 1 out of 20 times (without changes), and worked 100% after the change I made.

Kevin that is exactly what we were experiencing. Changing the machine name in the path to the IP address given to us by Epicor did the trick just like your expanded machine name did. We use File Drop to FTP also. Was a crazy week for us last week.

Aww shucks, that wasn’t exactly clear. Had I known it was this, I could have given you the answer last week. We ran into something similar before with AKS in a testing environment with Epicor last year.