Anybody using a good pricing (sell) tool?

From what I’ve seen from Epicor, pricing on the sell side is very much focused on the here & now. I can see from a price list how much to sell to a customer but there is nothing to donate history or rationale of current pricing.

We are average cost so the change to a vendor with different cost warrants many discussions around when do we change the price or what should the sell price be? Just wondering if there is a system out there that overlays nicely with Epicor plus provides additional info on why pricing is as it is.

Thanks

I’ve seen some sites add a custom option to update the selling price on the part master from supplier price list form.
This topic might give you some ideas…

I could not find any link between sales price and unit price in epicor out of the box. Meaning, you do a price rollup or whatever your call it, and sales price is never effected. You would then need to do a sales price rollup (which is double the work). What I have done is eliminate sales price rollup by having automatic percentage calculated and entered into the sales unit price field any time the price record is changed. I have controls for the user to control override, percentage amount, and ignore checkbox. Lots of little things along the way like, future effective pricing. I had to setup a daily Updateable baq to scan for future price effective dates, then write the sales price when the day matches todays date.

I’m thinking you’re looking for price trends and history you can graph. You can do something similar where you store changed base unit prices or sales unit prices in a UD field then build a report for it. I tried with change log bpm but the change log is very messy to report against. Let me know if you have any questions.

I’m proud of doing this project, as it was a big time saver, and improves our sales price accuracy. We also use our sales price to push to our website so everything ends up very nice.

1 Like