AP Automation - Drop Shipments

We have recently started doing Drop shipments, from a couple of our companies and it looks like the ECM datalink “Read Receipts to be Invoiced” does not select Drop Shipment receipts from Epicor.

Anyone else come across this or have a solution?

ECM should have no issues picking up receipts from Receipt Entry, Drop Shipment Entry or Container Receipt Entry. If it is not, I am curious about more details as to what may be happening. Are you on v1 or v2 workflows? Are you using IDC or PNP workflows?

We are using v1 of the workflows - IDC (header totals, not line detail) and the PNP workflow.

It looks like that Drop shipments don’t update the rcvdtl table, so the Std datalink from Epicor won’t pick up the Drop shipment receipts - so nothing to match against.

Drop shipments is working fine for us. The usual issue is that getting the invoice is what triggers someone to actually go and process the drop shipment. But once that’s done, it works fine.

Are you using V1 or v2 workflows?

Drop Shipments in Epicor should update the receiving tables, so I believe that this would be something to look into on the Epicor side, not ECM. To the point @Banderson is making, it may just be that the drop shipment process hasn’t been completed. Do you see the drop shipment as complete in Drop Shipment Entry?

The drop shipment process has been completed. Doing some more testing the V1 workflows don’t pick up drop shipments - v2 worksflows do.

I’m not really certain why that is the case as I have customers on v1 where the drop shipments and container shipments are picked up. This is all because the receipts all hit the receiving tables. I’m not sure how to assist without looking deeper into the details, but I understand that that would likely require you to share details that as a company you wouldn’t want to. Hopefully someone else may have some insight as to what may be the issue…

I don’t think this would be caused by that transaction type. I would be willing to bet it is a setting in your auto-match.
Let me know if you are still having the issue.