APInvDtl Fields

I think if the existing datalinks aren’t working for what you need them to do, you more or less are left with having to develop your own or have this done outside of ECM. Fortunately, the datalink shouldn’t be difficult to develop for this to check off the boxes where needed.

Looking more and more like this is the way I’ll have to go. Is there any good documentation on creating datalinks in ECM? I know that any sort of documentation for ECM is fairly hard to come by haha

Regular datalinks are simply SQL queries - it’s pretty straightforward to create your own datalinks. You can also create JSON/Webservice/REST datalinks for yourself, but that is more complicated (also depends on your ECM version as recent version makes this easier).

We have a lot of homemade SQL Datalinks to look things up in a couple of Epicor and non-Epicor databases. Once you create a datalink connection (to the database/ODBC endpoint), you create datalinks to use that connection. It’s nice because you can flip a given datalink between connections (Prod/Test) during and after development.

Passing params and using the values are the same as the existing Integration Datalinks provided by Epicor.

The help area within ECM and the Epicor Learning Center have several options available for learning the basics of creating datalinks. The more complex and unique the datalink is to your needs, the less you’ll find as to how it can be developed. Fortunately, this forum has a wealth of knowledge through its users so I’d encourage you to search the existing posts. You can always post your own questions and many will be able to provide some insight and guidance, too.