APR Email Stability

Just for clarification you tested a successful email via the relay? Honestly I am surprised that the relay even accepted an email with no TLD at all. Try sending a test to something wild like lskdjfs@lskdhkwbnenlosdjnbsdf.com

Using that it appears to have worked:

I can also locate this in O365 message tracking. I wonder why the other email (Tanner@gmailcom) doesn’t give me any information back. I guess I’ll have to wait it out. Also might have to start using regular expressions on email address entry in epicor :frowning:

data directives are your friend here. if you are on 500 see if you can use EFx. if not create a small dll with your validation methods in it and bring it in as external reference

We are unfortunately on 10.2.300. What is EFx out of curiousity?

FWIW - Here’s a website with a “library” of RegEx expressions for validating an email address.

1 Like

EFx is the ability to create self contained libraries inside of Epicor then use them around the system. So say you want to create “MyValidationLib” you can do so, then add methods with params like “ValidEmail(string)” and have it return a value to you. You can then use that in other BPMs around the system. Let's Get Funcy - Epicor Functions

Since you are on 300 if you have a lot of place you want to validate emails create a library in visual studio and reference it in your BPMs so you can do inline something like

foreach(var tt in ttTable) {
 if(!MyValidationLib.ValidEmail(tt.EMailAddress))
 {
    throw new Ice.BLException("Invalid email ya moook");
 }
}
1 Like

Oh yeah, I’ve heard of them. It appears to be the only reason to upgrade from what I can see. I was hoping to learn more about them at Insights this year but I guess it will have to wait. Thanks for the ideas!

Depends on what you are looking for. I have hammered on Epicor hard to get fixes for Make-Direct WIP transactions that are starting to filter into 500.10+ so as soon as the BPM Form fix comes through in 500.16 we are going to 500. If you are already on 300 consider the jump to 500 we are heavily heavily customized and I think I have about 3 hours committed to fixes from 200.32 to 500.6 right now.

You might want to enable logging on the SMTP service and try resending that gmailcom email. My guess is that IIS relay is still trying to send it but is having DNS resolution issues. I have never tried to send an email with no TLD on it so I am honestly not sure what would even happen there.

I will check it out, thanks for the advice!

Where did you get this info? I wanted to read up on it cause we are sending out mass emails during this time of re-scheduling and change. @EarlGrei

What information specifically?

This is a relevant link from Microsoft that may help: How to set up IIS to send emails using Office 365 | Microsoft Learn

Sorry I meant to quote this ^

Thanks tanner!

Firstly the slow down is a 4.2.1 error code I believe. I havent touched SMTP error codes in years though. I used to run a mail sending platform for a popular job site before things like MailGun and similar sending platforms were popular. Learned alot. Generally speaking I have a pretty good feel for whats going on when email is involved. As for the limits I cannot remember where that came (its in my notes) from but I went and checked on it and saying that you can send more is not entirely accurate. It can give you access to the high risk pool if crazy volume is a requirement. However using Office 365 to send out massive amounts of email is not supported and WILL get you in hot water with them. Now understand that ‘massive amounts’ or ‘high volume’ is not something that a reasonable company is ever going to hit. Even accounting for sending invoices to customers and the like. Hope that provides at least some clarity @utaylor

1 Like

Lets theoretically say your email got sent and let your premises, your Customer however didnt receive it because some node in the hop kicked the bucket and their SMTP Server failed.

Who’s fault is it if they don’t pay the Invoice on time and you charge them a late fee? Who will win the court battle?

Portals all the way here :slight_smile: Email sux.

1 Like

We have brought this up many many times… me and @jdewitt6029 agree. @hasokeric

How do you ensure customers check the portal?

:thinking: Send them an email?

2 Likes

Yeah, for us if we want to do business with our suppliers that utilize a portal we have to pay them through their portal or we just don’t do business.

1 Like