AR Write Off and Adjustment Question

Here’s a fun one…a paid AR invoice is showing a balance of one penny which I’ve been trying to “write-off/adjust” like I’ve always done in the past. This one is throwing a Business Logic Error “There are pending cash receipts for this invoice. No adjustments allowed until the cash receipts are posted.” Weird thing is there are no cash receipts open, everything has been posted (for a long time). Please advise how I can fix this, get it cleared and off the AR report. Thanks in advance.

We had a similar issue on the AP side where we couldn’t pull AP invoices into Payment entry and were getting a similar message. The issue was that the Invoice Balance and Unposted Invoice Balance were out of sync. We ended up getting a datafix from support that let us match these fields back up to what they should be. Perhaps the AR side behaves the same and these fields are out of sync due to a rounding error?

Our case was case number CS0001532597 and datafix was FX_CVAPHDRCM.df. If you open a ticket with Epicor support they should be able to reference those.

thanks I will check into it…

Did you ever get this resolved?

no I have not…remains 0.01 and same error message. Thanks

As mentioned by @tsmith this is an issue with the InvoiceBal and UnpostedBal fields being out of sync, other transaction programs update the UnpostedBal while mid transaction before posting. So AR Write Off “thinks” somewhere there are pending transactions(unposted CashDtl records) because InvoiceBal is 0 and UnpostedBal is 0.01. This happens due to rounding errors.

Support would provide you with a fix, I don’t know if it does anything else besides setting UnpostedBal fields to 0 and maybe closing the invoice if not closed already.

If you are sure the invoice is completely paid, GL transactions are all in order, you could try just updating this directly yourself, at your own risk of course.

It is best to contact support, they should know what to do.

1 Like

After working on this same issue I found that it was due to an cashdtl record with an ADJUST trantype that had an posted status of false. The transaction value was zero. The process that got us here was a cash receipt, reversal, receipt again.

I updated the posted flag to 1 and it worked properly.

Ross

Hello,

it seems that this fix did not add new entries under the GL transactions (AR Invoice Tracker → GL Transactions).

Simply through the GUI interface, the values associated with the invoices were changed in the database.

This was my experience, not guaranteed it works the same for different Epicor versions or for you

@Jonathan do you have any deeper insight to share on this?

This is a consistent problem for us, we get one every week or so. We fix the unposted balance with an updateable BAQ and all is well but we’d like to understand the root cause.

1 Like