AR Write Off and Adjustment

Where do you set what GL accounts can be used in the AR Write Off and Adjustment transaction? When I try to enter a GL account, I get a message saying I couldn’t use the account. I don’t see anything in Setup that allows me to list which accounts may be used.

Tim,
Were you entering the GL Account used for AR? Do you have a AR Allowance account?

Here’s a link to AR Hierarchy Guide, this will explain everything except which account you should use for this transaction. It does show the write off is using the AR Account, which is why you cannot use that for the other side of the transaction. Everyone should read through and understand this guide. (it’s short reading).
https://epicweb.epicor.com/doc/Docs/Epicor10_ARHierarchy_102400.pdf

I wanted to use a different GL account than the one set up in the GL Control. It looks like that is not possible.

Have you tried any other GL Account?

When we try a different GL, we get a warning that we can only use the ones set up for this purpose. So it’s limited to the GL Control Codes.

Tim,

I tested this last night on 10.1 and I am able to use any GL Account. Do you have a BPM in place?

1 Like

there is a feature called ACCOUNT RESTRICTED FUNCTIONS
you setup the program in the list of restrictred programs
and
you select that restricted program in the BASE ACCOUNT SEGMENT VALUE
so that you can’t use a SPECIFIC GL ACCOUNT BASE in a SPECIFIC SCREEN PROGRAM
check the help for ACCOUNT RESTRICTED FUNCTIONS

it might be that

1 Like

sorry the menu is ACCOUNT ENTRY RESTRICTED FUNCTIONS (GL SETUP)

We have a winner!!! Months ago, we set up a BPM that no one seemed to remember. Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like