Are there limits to number of records in a field group?

We have ECM v23.2 in a Test environment (Live has v20.2). I have a document that works in Live but not Test.
My field group has 150+ records. These records also live in a sql table.
I have a Verify Field Group task that compares a field value in SQL to a field value in the field group. (Total vs. Approval Limit).

The xml recording stats “The following line item row(s) are missing from the DataLink” so the document loops for additional approval.
When I remove 100 records it works.
In Live it works for all 185 records.
The error makes me think some records just aren’t being read.

As you are able to use a past version of ECM I am going to assume that you are an OnPrem customer versus a cloud customer. As such, it may be that the loop limit in your LIVE version of ECM was increased while the TEST version has not been changed. You can find this information in the ECM Server Configuration program, which can be ran without actually installing anything. I would suggest reviewing the differences in LIVE compared to TEST to see if that is the potential issue.

I believe the loop limit is on the last page of the installer…

I’ll take a look, may need to wait for the vendor to reply, but as long as I know that’s the case, I don’t need to change anything.

As I reread your original post I’m thinking that it may not have to do with the looping… Your original thought is likely more accurate and it could be that the values don’t exist in one environment exactly how they are in the other.

Just to clarify, you have a LIVE version of ECM connected to a LIVE environment of Epicor, as well as a TEST version of ECM connected to a TEST environment of Epicor?

This sounds like the database has less records than the document, I would check your sql table. Compare to the document. Test the sql call to review how many records are available.

Yes, Prod and Dev are completely separate.

The Application Settings are identical (including Loop=3).

Can you test the datalink that is pulling the data by using the Admin > Integration area of ECM and entering in the values to test the datalink in question? What results do you get?

No, it is not listed there. It is a custom datalink. But also facing the same issue selecting an approver. We have 300 approvers, but the dropdown stops at 100.

With the datalink, for example, I want to find a record in a subset of a database. The query says to select X record from the dataset that has 150 records, and find the one that matches Y. I get an error that Y can’t be found in that dataset. Thru some troubleshooting, we see that it only searched 100 records.

Ah, I see. I know my colleague @swilliasc111 ran into this issue recently as ECM seems to only allow 100 records as a return in certain datalinks. I am not sure if he found a workaround, yet, but if he has I am sure he will let you know.

My suggestion right now would be to somehow limit the results by focusing the input variable, if that’s possible.

I found that datalink settings are configured in web.config. After modifying the settings that support suggested, the built-in datalinks did not take the type ahead settings with any values above 100.
I found that any typeahead settings with SQL datalinks will return more values. You may want to change the datalink to TypeAhead type and see if a change of the datalink type will allow more results.

It’s possible Web Json datalinks could be an alternate method to lookup approvers and see if a different source may work.

If the Datalink is set to Server:

1. Go to C:\Program Files\Astria Solutions Group\Eclipse Server

2. Edit the web config file

3. Add the following keys with the correct values

(make the value what you want to have in the list)
Repeat steps 1-3 for the web.config file inside of C:\Program Files\Astria Solutions Group\Eclipse WebUI

1. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Astria Solutions Group\Eclipse WebUI\content

2. Edit the Constants JS file pertaining to the version of DocStar you currently have installed

3. Do a CTRL + F and look for MaximumTypeaheaditems

4. Change the value from 100 to the desired value

5. Save the file

If the Datalink is set to client:

1. Go to C:\Program Files(x86)\Eclipse Client Service
  2. Edit the Automation service config and add the following keys

Once changes are made – log out of site and then log back in to verify you can now see the expected amount of lines

Extra:
If making this change did not take affect, do the following:
Go into the DocStar client in the Datalink server and uncheck the “run datalinks out of order” option in the configure service tab

If datalink is set to go to line items and only 100 line items are showing - make the following changes

If datalink is set to client:
go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Astria Solutions group\Eclipse Client Service\Astria.client.windowsServices.automationservice.exe.config

add this line under the AppSettings header

make it the value you want
restart the automation service

If this is set to server:
C:\Program Files\Astria Solutions Group\Eclipse Server\web.config
add this line under the AppSettings header

make it the value you want

Thanks I will keep this in mind.

I found one line in our LIVE web.config that wasn’t in TEST called MaxDatalinkResultCount.

I added it and it works now.

Just in case others don’t have that line in theirs, would you be able to add the line of code as well as a snapshot of the .config file where it goes? This could very likely help others experiencing a similar issues. Thanks in advance, Barb!

This is what I added:

add key=“MaxDatalinkResultCount” value=“500”

This is where it goes (not sure that matters):

Much appreciated, Barb!